Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Floor Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Furniture Trunk Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper So I decided to go and get the Can Am 32 gallon Trunk Box for My Max. Instead of ordering it, and the UPS guy showing up again. I went over to the Ridenow Powersports and grabbed one. I put it in the garage in the big brown Box and Damn if the Old Lady didn't have to walk by last nite and spot the Box. Jeeeez cant win. Oh Hey whats in the box I hear coming from the Woman. OHHHH Boy. LOL. Oh just parts. kinda half Assed like for Work stuff. Jeeez. Dodged a Bullet. Hehehehe.
So anyhow I put it on the Max today and I do like the extra capacity it offers but I gotta figure out a way to Fasten a cooler in there cause a Hard Ride and it will shake what ever is in there to death. Hmmmmm next up search for fast way to attach cooler inside securely. I don't like my beverages shaken.:big smile:
Damn Woman came out and spied me messin with the Max . Gotta lay low. SHHHHHHHHH.

Reactions: brian68

·
Registered
177 Posts
The trick is to never tell them how much we really paid.

Reactions: jpereira94

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trick is to never tell them how much we really paid.
I never tell. I just get it done. Way back early in our marriage I got my truck lifted and tires and wheels and figured that she's just a Girl that never pays much attention to all the cool guy stuff cause it all looks the same. Well I was sitting on the couch and she got in from work and said something like , you do something to your truck ? Damn testing her out to see how long it would take for her to notice. Guess same day she's aware. Lol. But she doesn't usually care. Thank God. Or we would have problems. 18 years later she just let's me know I'm not getting away with Nothing. Hehehe.

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, my wife wasn't very happy when she walked in the garage and I fired up the ride with the new full Muzzy's exhaust on it today.....she just shook her head and went back inside....my son on the other hand gave me the fist pump of approval and asked when we were going riding :in love:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Always a tricky proposition when you have to hide your guy necessities. I always heard it was better to ask for forgivenness than to ask for permission! But hell I guess that's why I still divorced after 20 yrs cuz I just dont like getting punished for asking for forgiveness. :tongue:
I like it much better not having to ask or explain anything to anyone !!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
"So anyhow I put it on the Max today and I do like the extra capacity it offers but I gotta figure out a way to Fasten a cooler in there cause a Hard Ride and it will shake what ever is in there to death"

I think if you put hold downs inside you will be able to strap down a soft cooler. You can also cut a piece of foam to fit tightly on top of your stuff to stop it from rattling around.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"So anyhow I put it on the Max today and I do like the extra capacity it offers but I gotta figure out a way to Fasten a cooler in there cause a Hard Ride and it will shake what ever is in there to death"

I think if you put hold downs inside you will be able to strap down a soft cooler. You can also cut a piece of foam to fit tightly on top of your stuff to stop it from rattling around.
Yeah that's what Im toying with.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Always a tricky proposition when you have to hide your guy necessities. I always heard it was better to ask for forgivenness than to ask for permission! But hell I guess that's why I still divorced after 20 yrs cuz I just dont like getting punished for asking for forgiveness. :tongue:
I like it much better not having to ask or explain anything to anyone !!
Honestly, my wife lets me do what I want....she will give me the look goofing around but in the end, she has never given me any crap for any of my expenditures....as long as there is money in the Kittie when she wants something...life remains good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Let me know if you figure out how to get the rear light to work. We have 2 here and neither work even with the right adapter you have to buy separate. The wiring is reversed.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Let me know if you figure out how to get the rear light to work. We have 2 here and neither work even with the right adapter you have to buy separate. The wiring is reversed.
I don't have this personally but thought I read somewhere that you just had to swap out the 12vdc and ground wires to get it to work.

Goes back to the old adage.... Happy Wife, Happy Life!
BINGO!

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
A box that big is tough to hide. I really like mine after having the commander and it's lower storage box. Because they are made for the quads and have that cut out area for the rear rider, I finally found a ice chest that fits perfectly in that spot. Just let your ice colds sit for a minute and they should be fine...Did you get the $20.00 adapter plug for your light .Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
seems like whenever I buy something for the mav the wife just gets a new coach pocket book.so it ends up cost me twice as much for sh## I buy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
This is the cooler I use. Fits right in the middle. Advice though, get some heat shield of sort and place on the bottom of trunk. When the heat gets to your cooler and if it's a soft one it will leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts