Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall I'm going to buy a new side by side and I'm debating between the maverick and 900xp can yall tell me why I should buy a maverick over an xp? Need help

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Each brand have their own strengths & weakness', so it really depends on what you like and how you will use the vehicle.
How soon are you getting one?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Have you sat in each of them or demo'ed them? To me it was a no brainer…..I am 6' 2" and the Maverick is the only option for me. Sure the Polaris is a cool SXS and has plenty of power too but if you aren't comfortable driving it, it doesn't make a difference.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it will be going for about $5-7K than I paid for my Xrs…..I am happy with my choice….

Reactions: k goodrich

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
go sit in & look at both - should be a easy decision ! :)

also if u wanna lay down 23-25k-otd the new RZR II will be here in a few months , but again another new engine by Polaris for there sxs ??, cuz all the ones they have been making must have sucked ? I mean not been good sorry ! lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was told by an engineer that works in the atv division here where Im from. That in 2015 most of the atv engines will be built inhouse. And that they will not be near the quality that they are now. So he said if you want a good atv now is the time to buy a poo product! Im not a Polaris fan anyway. They couldn't pay me to purchase anything they make!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to get something in the next couple of weeks. I sold my 800 rzr s to get a 900 then started cying pictures of the maverick and I read up on it. Rzr owners say its not anygood so I wanted to get yalls opinion. Will it hang with a 900 on hills and jumps?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yes it hangs with rzr's! I haven't lost to one yet! And like someone said, go to a dealer that sells both. Sit in the rzr, and then in the Maverick. That should make anyone's mind up instantly!!!

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I dont ever think about polaris when im in my can am or any other time for that matter

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
The Maverick is a solid machine. We work on both but the maverick's fit and finish is superior in every way. The XP900 is a solid machine as well but it depends on what's more important to you.
Like others said go sit in one and check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Honestly you are getting the best advice. Go sit in all the different brands and see which one is the most comfortable. That should help you start to narrow down what you like.

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
I would go to a dealer that sells all the brands and check each one out. They are all great machines and you can not go wrong with any of them - including the wildcat x.

If it were me I would try to hold out until the rzr xp 1000 is released. At least you can check it out and see if it suits your needs.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I want to get something in the next couple of weeks. I sold my 800 rzr s to get a 900 then started cying pictures of the maverick and I read up on it. Rzr owners say its not anygood so I wanted to get yalls opinion. Will it hang with a 900 on hills and jumps?
yes its faster then xp900 check all the u-tube video's the only reason why anyone would complain about a maverick is the clutch , and that is only 800 to fix we dump more in a roof and doors then that ,- tie rods, 100 on ebay , no big deal ! the tq on the maverick out climbs the rzr on hills and has better shocks so jumping should be fine to, the shocks just need a lil bit of luv and there perfect, !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Benzo, I put 2" spacers on my car and it soften up the suspension enough where now I can add back some compression. Car handles way better with the extra width.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Benzo, I put 2" spacers on my car and it soften up the suspension enough where now I can add back some compression. Car handles way better with the extra width.
I threw on sum 4+3 wheels, witch is like adding 1.5 spacer's but havnt been out yet , :) it rides real good tho so far

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I threw on sum 4+3 wheels, witch is like adding 1.5 spacer's but havnt been out yet , :) it rides real good tho so far
Yep, that's the other way to get a little wider. It definately makes a difference in the handling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys yall have helped me a lot.
I like the rzrs but everyones got one where I live and no ones got a maverick.
The rzr 1000 is going to be nice but I'm not paying 20 grand for it

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You'll have fun beating your buddies XP's with the Maverick. Then one of them will be forced to go pay 20k to beat you.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Dang y'all got me interested again with the 14 grand price..... Wish I could get the 60" model in that range.... I don't think I'll ever buy another Polaris I have three buddies with Xp's that the motors have been replaced

1 - 20 of 32 Posts