Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to these forums. Ive had a ds450, 2008 renegade 800, and a 2013 outlander xmr 1000 that I just sold. Im looking to get a new maverick in a week or so but not sure what one to get. I can get a 2013 maverick xrs for $14,599 plus prep and title fee. I havent got a quote on the 2014 xrs dps yet but I think I might be able to get it for around 17000 or 17500 OTD. I'm not sure if I should spend the extra on the new 2014 or not? I know the power steering and QE front diff was nice on the xmr but im not sure if im ever gonna wheel this or not but trail ride as of now. Were there any other changes to the machines? I heard the 2014s might have an extra belt exhaust but not sure if thats true and couldnt find anything specific out what else has been changed like frame, tuning, motor, suspension, clutch, ect?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. IMO, it really depends on whether or not you feel the PS & QE are worth the extra money. You say you will only trail ride but what happens if you like it so much and your riding changes? Also,I assume you be financing it so the other thing to consider is the added amount of your payment. The nice thing about the 14's besides the 2 major upgrades, is you get different choices of color. You really only talking about 2500 buck overall and the 14' may hold its resale vale higher longer because of the upgrades. If you really dont care much about the upgrades, I would get the dealer to drop the OTD price on the 13' to about 13K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was also looking around seeing if people likes the qe and power steering on them and I don't think they will drop anymore on the 2013 but I can try. Are people getting the 2013s for around 13k?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes there is a thread asking people to post up what they paid. If you do a search you should find it.
I wish I had PS and QE both.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I can't speak for the qe diff but the power steering is worth it's weight in gold. I have a 13 and I put ps on mine and I will never go with out it. As far as the qe diff if you are not going to rock climb or run thru deep mud it's really not a necessity. I know I won't need it. I thought about it but decided with the riding I do which is mostly trail ride and back road riding along with occasional sand dune ride it's not needed. You can put ps on the 13 for 575 bucks so add that to you otd price and go from there. Good luck and welcome to the maverick world.

Chris

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
some peeps were paying 13-14k (Base model ) but they didn't have to pay sales tax or prep , some places don't charge it to move a unit the prep , and some don't pay taxes on it cuz there state don't need it , or its farm use ,

I would get both totals out the door and see how much more the 2014 is for the powersteering and QE front diff , few other lil upgrades to the 14, also cage is a hair different and with added supports ,

·
Registered
8 Posts
If power steering is a concern, just do what I did and install super atv kit. Simple to install and works great. I still have the exra cash for other goodies. Most of that money is going to Alex at CT. Cant wait to drive my yellow and black marshmallow

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personally, I would buy another XRS DPS again in a heart beat. After seeing my QE diff in action next to a Commander without it the price upgrade makes sense. I climbed things effortlessly where the Commander was white knuckling it just trying. Plus the power steering contols the steering wheel kick back and the fancy updated gauges are just cool.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm a finance guy so always overanalyze such things. At the end of the day I think there are three questions: (1) is there clear value to YOU for the extra $3 k, actually less if you add powersteering (2) is there an emotional factor, will you be notably happier w/ the 2014 and (3) how important is $3 k to you, would you use it for something else. If you haven't answered these questions I recommend it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Save 3k and get a 13 then add PS FOR 600 and get Kellylmann to update your different to QE style for 300ish I think? To me 14 was not worth the extra money... I got mine for over 4k less than I could have gotten a 14 XRS DPS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replays! I'm gonna call them tosay and get both prices otd and go from there. What does Kellylmann exactly do to them and how do you get ahold of him?

·
Registered
548 Posts
So far, riding rocky and muddy trails here in the NH mountains in my '13 xrs, I have not found a situation that the qe/dps would be necessary. It is easy to steer without power steering, and as long as you keep your thumbs out of the wheel spokes in the rough stuff, it's all good. I am not into riding mud like a lot of the guys down south are, so to me the need for the qe is just not there. I have been through some pretty hairy places, and never felt like the visco lock held me back. The savings you would get on the '13 over the '14 buys a lot of goodies. I am 100% satisfied with my '13, so to me the extra money for the 14 could be better spent on accessories.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree about the power steering. I honestly don't need it, the thing steers super easy even in 4x4

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I drove both with and without PS and I'll take the PS any day worth the extra coin IMO then add the QE it's a no brainer for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts