Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding with Dustin from S3 Powersports at Red Creek Off Road this weekend and he was in his monster Blue MAV. We were on a MUDDY trail when he pegged the throttle in 4WD on a ramp and the rear driveshaft exploded knocking a hole in the Transmission. No biggy, he drove back to the Trailer in front wheel drive and got his other Maverick lol.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That looks nasty!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Custom paint with a special additive to make it bind with the plastics.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thats gonna take some time to repair. I had to replace that same case on my Renegade. Pull motor and trans and split the trans case. Took me about 8 hours on my quad from start to finish..

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Thats gonna take some time to repair. I had to replace that same case on my Renegade. Pull motor and trans and split the trans case. Took me about 8 hours on my quad from start to finish..
I would think pulling the fuel tank and exhaust you could slide it out the passenger side. While leaving motor in its place.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I broke a front u-joint on the driveshaft at the diff end. only trashed my driveshaft. no, they don't warranty the driveshafts. dealer sold me a new driveshaft at cost--$120

1 - 11 of 11 Posts