Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am finally doing the front end gusset kit from Extreme Performance along with their taco kit. From what I have read it sounds like I should do the bushings at the same time. Any recommendations on what brand I should go with?
I tried searching the forum but didn't see much and doing a quick google search I only came up with S3.

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
I went with S3's bushings, no complaints. Pretty sure Super Dave has bushings too.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
I have been using Super Daves bushings. Just installed them in my CT arms on my X3. I used them on my OG Maverick and it took several hundred miles before they loosened up enough to grease them.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you have CT arms I'd use the CT bushings. Some bushings don't mesh well with some arms due to the size of the radius between the main body of the bushing and the shoulder of the bushing.

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
If you have CT arms I'd use the CT bushings. Some bushings don't mesh well with some arms due to the size of the radius between the main body of the bushing and the shoulder of the bushing.
I didn't have a choice at the time. When I bought my CT arms, they didn't have bushings yet. I figured going with S3 was the best choice. They also don't need to be greased.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I didn't have a choice at the time. When I bought my CT arms, they didn't have bushings yet. I figured going with S3 was the best choice. They also don't need to be greased.
I'm in the same boat. The S3 bushings didn't fit well in the CT arms. Very tight. The S3 bushings had a big radius that wouldn't let them slip all the way into the CT arms.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I just put Super Dave’s in with my Super ATV arms. They are also greaseless and a great product. They also come with the new center metal piece along with the bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
When I built both our X3 XRC's, CT didn't have their bushings out yet so they recommended Garage Products. 1400 miles so far and no complaints.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought CT bushings and I'm happy with them so far, but they were pricey. At the Sand Show Energy Suspension were promoting their bushings for the X3 that were supposed to be pretty cheap, but not sure if they ever released them. I'm not seeing anything on their site, but might be worth calling them.

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The S3 bushings didn't fit well in the CT arms. Very tight. The S3 bushings had a big radius that wouldn't let them slip all the way into the CT arms.
I sprayed them down with a little Windex, used a rubber mallet, and they went in.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
I have the Sandcraft ones sitting on my bench for over a month. I suppose I should install them. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I sprayed them down with a little Windex, used a rubber mallet, and they went in.
It wasn't a matter of them going into the arm, it was a matter of them seating all the way into the arm so that they weren't wider than the steel sleeve. The sleeve has to be slightly wider than the assembled bushings or it doesn't work right.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts