Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poking around I thought I could build a better upgrade than buying the Evo kit (plus ‘18 fuel pump). I’ve alway been one to tune vehicles. This one maybe not quite as much as my Lightning.

I’d like to have data logging and the addition display info that I hear the Map tuner has. Along with a fun dune tune, safe tune, cruising tune and wife tune at my disposal. Is there a canned tune to bring the 19 base up to an R? That in my mind would be like a nanny removal tune on a r. Do these read the ecm and pick up on what engine is really there or could I put in an intercooler, 10 inch fan, piping and the 18 pump and tell it I’m a 18 TurboR?

Also, the prices for AEM gushes is stupid now days. $250 for 1 gauge? I’m planning on building my own ‘smart’ display using a Raspberry Pi and a screen with some I/o probes to get the temps Etc. It’s really basic stuff that by now should be way nicer than I seeing.
I plan on reading belt, iat, coolant, oil, etc. just expanding the devices as I see. (I’ll probably need to Kickstarter this if I get serious) small screen with multi gauges or singles with a simple toggle switch to pick different displays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
838 Posts
I would start with a DynoJet. MapTuners you have to pay extra for the reading and data logging...

DynoJet also comes with some tunes on it and if you add a second bung in the down pipe you can add the DynoJet Wideband and get AR read outs.

You can add an intercooler fan and piping to get better than Turbo R.

For your browsing pleasure...

Check out the DynoJet, Wideband and WS150.

If you add the intercooler and fan then look at the WS160 or WS180.

https://blackmarketutv.com/collections/maverick-x3-performance

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a wide band commander on my Lightning so I am familiar with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts