Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probable premature question: Anybody got info on BRP OEM Maverick Parts "fishy" thingy?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chop, Chop, Hop Sing! Need some part numbers pronto ................................. Purty Please

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe
Also been hearing the ring & pinion are helical cut, but I'm not buying it.
I need to cross reference a few things

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the outlander XMr 2013 it has the new diff the maverick has

If this is true, then it's same, same, except that "that" one IS a QE Visco Lock!!
Still has 705400822 differential/ring gear carrier (705401077 complete Front Diff)
After all our bitching, why would BRP not announce it as having a QE, if it were so? (see below)
It is clearly stated on the 2013 Commander spec sheet, models: DPS, XT, X & Limited have QE and DPS
Only the base model doesn't have these as standard equipment

http://www.canamoffroad.com/Files/en-US/Models/2013/Specs/ssv/commander_1000.pdf

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just by comparing the look of the diffs. from the 2013 XMR drawing and the pic of this Maverick. I am not so sure that it is the same.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Maybe
Also been hearing the ring & pinion are helical cut, but I'm not buying it.
I need to cross reference a few things
Here is info from a friend of mine regarding the Diff. "It does have helical gears. I noticed that in the breakdowns. So that means no more noisy diff! and better power transfer. Also its a bigger pinion with bigger bearings and an extra bearing.

It would require a shorter prop shaft to fit this in any other quad.... If you have a MAX you can get the XMR prop shaft. Us guys with shorties would have to get the existing prop shaft modified.......all of a sudden chromoly comes to mind. lol"

Hope this helps you something.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool, I actually bought this 1 for my Commander, being as it was brand new, never installed + he dropped about $150 off his 1st listing price
I'd still like to see the Maverick parts fiche ASAP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool, I actually bought this 1 for my Commander, being as it was brand new, never installed + he dropped about $150 off his 1st listing price
I'd still like to see the Maverick parts fiche ASAP
So this is suppose to be the QE front diff correct, cause Im gonna have to get one it seems

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So this is suppose to be the QE front diff correct, cause Im gonna have to get one it seems

Correct, 705400822 QE "guts"

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts