Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from the RzR world, there were alot of DIY'ers over there, you guys over here in the Can-Am world have to much money :ROFLMAO::LOL:

All jokes aside, I just wanted to share my quick stereo build for my 2020 X3 XMR.

First, I installed Rockford Fosgates panels in the dash with some Polk 6.5s. Very easy install.
Hose clamped a Velex Marine bluetooth amp with wired remote from Amazon under the dash. It sounded good, but needed a little more, wasn't quite loud enough, especially with all of the drones and noises this thing makes :oops:.

I am very picky when it comes to stuff looking "clean", like almost factory looking, hiding wires etc. So i searched for some speaker pods and ended up finding these, Retropods made by Retrosounds. fairly inexpensive made of plastic, i would list the prices but not sure it is against policy. They were easy to mount to my aluminum roof. They are low profile and are almost flush with the cage, which i love. Installed another set of Polk 6.5s and called it a day.... For now. She's plenty loud now. I can hear my music right through that dreaded 5k rattle :p .

I eventually want to install a 10" under the seat. But, i go through some pretty deep stuff here in Florida, so im a bit
hesitant. Hope this helps some folks. Have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Nic

P.s. In all honesty, after its all said and done and adding up the total, i could have just bought a soundbar. But, i like what i like sooo.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looks awesome !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I really just wanted to share the speaker pods and how flush they are with the cage. If I would have found these sooner, I probably wouldn’t have bought the Rockford Fosgate panels in the dash(they were a little pricey) and would have installed another set in the rear corners.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Where in Florida do you ride ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mainly lower Alabama, can’t really find anywhere good to ride in Florida that is decently close. I live in Fort Walt Beach which is in the panhandle.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So Boggs & Boulders ? I live in Pensacola part of the year and Newport Beach , Ca for part.
I’m a panhandler also ! 👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Yup Boggs and boulders , I’m actually going for a day ride there tomorrow. There’s a new place called southern ridge, I haven’t been there yet tho.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Boggs is going to be nasty muddy !! Lots of rain.
I went to southern ridge years ago , I haven’t been since they reopened , it’s not nearly as good as Boggs . I do want to head over there at some point and check it out again

we need to meet up at Boggs soon , I’m up there pretty often

·
Registered
413 Posts
Boggs.....sometimes on my friend/neighbors property . He has 3500 acres

Boggs is so close , it’s big , lots and lots of trails and different terrain. I always stay the night there. I’ve been to multiple parks throughout middle to north Alabama . Not much around this area .
styx river and clear creek ohv are near me but they are small. I’ve been going to Boggs for a decade.
I have a couple jeeps and a Hummer and ride the 600,000 acres on Elgin AFB since it’s right up the street.

Have you been to Boggs many times ? Most people haven’t seen most of the trails since they spend all day stuck in the damn mud !

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O nice, that is a good friend to have! Sorry for the late response, been away. Ive been going to Boggs for years, started with quads, and worked my way up to sxs. Thats a great idea about Eglin, I've never thought about buying a cheap jeep and heading out there. How is it out there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts