Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck with mounting solutions for budget side mirrors? I don't care about turn signals, just want to see behind me...

I bought a pair of amazon cheapos for a 2" cage, but they don't fit (because it's not a 2" cage, I should have measured)

I know there is aftermarket/OE, but paying the kind of money they charge for something that I will most likely destroy somewhat regularly is something I'd like to avoid (I come from the land of motorcycle dual sport, where mirrors/clutch/brake levers go to die from hitting things)

I was thinking about making some sort of adapter that would attach to the outside of the rollcage - maybe just attach a 1.75" pipe with offset from the frame to allow standard mirror clamps to attach. Any thoughts? Anyone have any solutions?
Thanks!
--Brendan

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I ran across this redneck solution when I was in North Carolina. "Shoe strings and an old make up mirror" the elderly Lady explained to me. Told me "I have an extra one in case some vandal runs off with this one"

True story, in the parking lot of Cagney's Country Kitchen, where I had (delicious) breakfast almost every morning before spending my 14+ hour shift with my Brother in ICU across the street. Some serious biscuits and gravy, I do declare.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have some factory style I bought online for 50 bucks but ended up buying the seismik led Mirror’s, as you only live once!

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
EMP has some 5" Convex mirrors that bolt to the stock cage. They work great and are around $60.00

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran across this redneck solution when I was in North Carolina. "Shoe strings and an old make up mirror" the elderly Lady explained to me. Told me "I have an extra one in case some vandal runs off with this one"

True story, in the parking lot of Cagney's Country Kitchen, where I had (delicious) breakfast almost every morning before spending my 14+ hour shift with my Brother in ICU across the street. Some serious biscuits and gravy, I do declare.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Solved!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought some from EMP they are the square ones bolt right to the cage with the brackets for the maverick trail work perfect with the super atv flip up windshield i got cause one of the clamps blocks the hole to mount can am mirrors and they where only $60.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts