Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

BRP Winch Plate

5K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  jrcmlc 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any place that has the BRP winch mounting plates in stock? Everyone I have called around too is out of stock and on backorder...

#2 ·
There is one on ebay right now.

#3 ·
Not no more! I scooped it up this morning.

#4 ·
They have it listed on there but it's not in stock

#5 ·
This says estimated ship date 3/28... I hope its not on back order. I saw an aftermarket mount on eBay too. $70. Looked pretty decent to me.

#7 ·
I emailed them and they said they are out of stock. That one for sale is on back order

#8 ·
Damn that sucks. I'm going to email them too. It seems like everything for the maverick is on back order. I've heard of clutches, my replacement a-arm bushing is back ordered, and now the winch plate. Wtf?

#9 ·
I just asked them and they said it shipped today. Will be delivered by the end of the day Wednesday 3/27. Sorry for stealing it from ya!

#10 ·
I tried to tell him.

#13 ·
Does this work with the factory Can Am winch? Or only aftermarket winches?

#14 ·
I think the Factory winch is a Warn 4000 lb winch. The one pictured is a BRP Warn 4000 lb winch from our Commander. Most manufacturers try to make them to the same dimensions as Warn.

#16 ·
#17 ·
That's not true. The factory winch kit comes with a warn RT40 4000 lb winch.

#18 ·
My bad. Does the regular RT40 use the factory style connectors? Or are those exclusive to the Can Am kits only?

#19 ·
I'm not sure. But I'll let you know when mine comes in. Hopefully I'll be putting it on this weekend.

#21 ·
I can't find the BRP winch plate any where. I looked at the aftermarket one but it's held on by U bolts rather than bolted onto the frame like the stock one

#23 ·
EMP is held on by u bolts I want one that mounts like the stock plate would

#25 ·
I got my winch and plate in the mail. Going to install it this afternoon / tomorrow. Looks like the OEM plate bolts to the frame but the roller fairlead plate bolts to the bumper. I'll follow up with this tomorrow.

#26 ·
I finally found a dealer that had one in stock, getting it tonight!

#27 ·
Nice! Now I don't feel as bad for stealing that on off of eBay from you! Good luck on the install.

#29 ·
So the OEM plate bolts to the bumper only using 3 u bolts. The fairlead bolts to the winch plate. Installation took a little longer because I wanted to reuse my skid plate.wasn't too bad overall though.

#30 ·
I'm trying to understand what you guys are saying about aftermarket vs. oem on these plates. They look the same in the pics, but 2 people have now said that the factory one is attached differently to the bike and the fairlead. Can someone help me out with pics or something of this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.