Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brp warn winch plastic clutch handle on the end over rotated and the winch locked itself into free spool. had to take it apart to get the winch to work again.
2014-07-08 18.09.39.jpg

I have the 2014 maverick xmr that comes stock with the warn xl4000? winch, built to BRP specks, which according to some light internet research means they replaced some metal bits with plastic bits to "lighten" it.

the issue i had, with less than 8h and 1 winch pull on the machine, is that the plastic engagement/free spool selector over rotated and pushed the metal selector (flat part that rotates moving pins in and out) too far, where the rounded bits of the pin slots snapped down past where it should be, past the end of the plastic ramps. Preventing and movement without disassembly. trying the turn it to engage the winch, dug the metal selector into the end of the plastic ramp.

I had to remove this burr and add a small ramp in the backwards direction as the problem kept occurring.

i see that this is common problem online on the BRP winches. does anyone know if this is happening to the standard Warn winches?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've used my warn vantage 4000 a lot, no issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My xmr did the exact same thing when was brand new(never used) I pulled off the cover as you did and put it back together with no issues since then. Would've sucked if it was under water when it happened..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts