Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my mav used and the previous owner had the brp with the speaker that mounts under the dash on the driver side.just wondering if anyone knows if the ez steer will clear the speaker housing.thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If it is the speaker I am thinking of it mounts over by your left foot and the PS is above the gas pedal up out of the way.....should be no issue at all...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Not gonna work. You have to move the speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree it has to be moved. I added PS to my cousins commander and that speaker was in the way. Commander cab interior is near identical the the maverick

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so the speakers not on this side?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nope it mounts on the right hand side. Right in the way of the ps motor. I'll post some pics on how I moved mine later on when I get home.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy, that pic is of an aftermarket speaker. The can am speaker mounts on the right side on the tunnel panel.
Nope it mounts on the right hand side. Right in the way of the ps motor. I'll post some pics on how I moved mine later on when I get home.

ahh...got it.....can you swap the left and right speakers and mount then on the outer side of the foot wells?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Or you can buy the SSV speakers that Heavy took a screenshot of. They look factory like and will not get in the way of the power steering kit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I didn't install the speakers originally, so I'm not sure how the passenger front speaker is installed. Here's where I moved the speaker to to make it work with the PS. I think there was another guy on here who moved his in a different place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts