Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as some of you know, the other day when I showed that tree who was boss, I broke an upper a arm ball joint. The dealer wanted... wait for it… wait... 80 bucks! For ONE! So, naturally I looked the interwebz for information. Came up with this:

Upper Ball Joint Kit Can-Am MAVERICK 1000 2013

what do you guys think? Anyone with any experience here?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should try one. Tempted to buy 2 so I don't get stranded if they suck.

Alex, what can you get me one for?

Has no one else broken one before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I just called them about these ball joints. They are out of stock and will be for a week or so, so I suppose OEM is the way to go. They did tell me on the phone when I asked about quality vs OEM I got a good answer. She said that most OEM parts are Japanese sourced and of very high quality. They typically offer two grades of parts, the OEM equivalent which is also Japanese sourced and the Chinese version that is of less quality and much cheaper. The only option they have for the Mavericks right now is the Chinese replacement.

Glad I called. Guess I'm spending the $80.

Hope that info helps...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'll check today. I didn't see this earlier
Has anyone tried aftermarket ball joints yet? I pulled my front hubs today thinking the castle nut was loose because I had some slop in the front and and turns out it is in the upper ball joints. Not severe but enough to feel a slight clunking once in a while.....I can't believe these list for $85ea from Can Am.

Alex - do you have any sources for some better quality joints that would fit on the Maverick?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks...let me know....I will need some in the next few months...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts