Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My factory 6 month warranty is about to end and I haven't even had it a season yet. I'm curious if its worth getting the 30 month extended warranty through BEST. I've heard nightmare stories of them rejecting claims and some pretty good stories that say it's mostly up to the service department at your dealer. There's a guy on another forum that works at a dealer who's offering the warranty for $595. So what're your guys thoughts on BEST? Anybody used it yet? Should note I do all my own maintenance work and mods. Will they have issue with that as far as me doing my own maintenance?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had lots if good experiences with the best warrantee. Never had any issues with denied claims yet. Definately worth it!

Reactions: mrtosh

·
Registered
548 Posts
I got the 3 year BEST warranty when I bought mine. Haven't had to use it, and since I spent the money on it, I assume I won't. I just like to cover my ass... Murphy's law is a bitch when you're a Murphy! Personally, I think insurance has a better chance of paying off than the warranty does. I figure I'm way more likely to wrap it around a tree or tumble down a mountainside than to blow the motor or anything like that. I keep up on maintaining it pretty well, and the main reason I wanted the warranty was because I was hearing some clutch horror stories, but my clutch with the recall has been working just fine.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks foe the feedback fellas. That's pretty much my thinking as well as far as I'm more likely to make an insurance claim than a warranty claim. That being said and that I have a first year machine it still kinda scares me. All the electronics and expensive drive line parts kinda make me want to get the extended warranty. $50 deductible is better than a $1200+ diff and driveshaft replacement lol.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i have 3 year on mine too but haven't had to deal with them yet. :)

i just like the peace of mine nit readily avail to shell out allot of cash at any given moment. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I got a front diff covered on the 6 month no issue but they told me they have issues getting things covered on the extended. I got and extra 6 month best from brp in the mail.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Brp sent it too me in the mail after I purchased , I filled it out sent it back in.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So are all dealers suppose to offer the BEST warranty? My dealer pushes their service plan that is crazy high, never even mention the best warranty. Or do you go through can am directly?

·
Registered
557 Posts
That was a promo they were offering thru Jan I think I got the 24 mo B.E.S.T. for free when I purchased My Mav I wasnt quite sure I got It cause My dealer didnt say anything about it other that they will send you something when you 6mo factory warr ends. Sure enough I got something In the mail not long ago saying I needed to fill Out this card and send it back.I purchased a Extended warr for our Jagged X for 1200 and have used it three times now.paid for itself twice over glad I got it! Unless you just cruise around on logging roads all day I would get it for sure!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm so you guys got something in the mail from BRP once your 6 month warranty expired? Was the 6 month extended free then?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was a promo they were offering thru Jan I think I got the 24 mo B.E.S.T. for free when I purchased My Mav I wasnt quite sure I got It cause My dealer didnt say anything about it other that they will send you something when you 6mo factory warr ends. Sure enough I got something In the mail not long ago saying I needed to fill Out this card and send it back.I purchased a Extended warr for our Jagged X for 1200 and have used it three times now.paid for itself twice over glad I got it! Unless you just cruise around on logging roads all day I would get it for sure!
When did you purchase your Maverick?

·
Registered
668 Posts
See here's the deal, y'all dune and trail ride so your machine is easy to clean up. Go hit one big mud hole and you will never get it clean and that's when u start getting screwed they find mud yup sorry haha. But..... That all depends if your dealer will bat for you. I broke my front diff with 31 wide outlaws and my guy knew he told me put stockers on he would take care of me and they did. So it's really a toss up, IMO the BEST is only as good as your dealer.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I got my 2013 I got two year total warranty thrown in. I believe it was in the deal from the factory on the 2013.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got an extra 6 months free on top of original 6 months when I bought mine in October , and now I'm going to purchase 2 yr extended! Longer u wait the higher price becomes as machine is prorated from purchase date!
700 for 2 more years additional! I would rather have it and not use than need it and not have any coverage!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought mine dec 31 2013. I got the factory 6 month warranty and the promotional 6 month best warranty, then I bought the 3 yr extended best warranty. My dealer filled out all the paperwork at the time of purchase. I did recieve a card and pamphlet in the mail for the best warranty. It actually ended up saying it was good for 3 yrs to 2016. So I called the dealership and talked to them about it because it should have been 4 yrs total. Then I found out that the longest warranty you can get for the can am sxs is 30 months. Not 3 yrs..and it's a total of 30 months including your factory 6 month warranty. So they called brp and getting an explenation on it all and said if they over charged me they will make it right. Hopefully will hear something soon.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I bought mine dec 31 2013. I got the factory 6 month warranty and the promotional 6 month best warranty, then I bought the 3 yr extended best warranty. My dealer filled out all the paperwork at the time of purchase. I did recieve a card and pamphlet in the mail for the best warranty. It actually ended up saying it was good for 3 yrs to 2016. So I called the dealership and talked to them about it because it should have been 4 yrs total. Then I found out that the longest warranty you can get for the can am sxs is 30 months. Not 3 yrs..and it's a total of 30 months including your factory 6 month warranty. So they called brp and getting an explenation on it all and said if they over charged me they will make it right. Hopefully will hear something soon.

I bought a 4 year on top of the 6 months thru rpm1

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man what a pickle lol. Think I'll be biting the bullet and purchasing the BEST warranty. Better safe than sorry I suppose. So does everybody receive a letter from BRP when their warranty is about up, offering them an extended warranty?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought a 4 year on top of the 6 months thru rpm1
The pamphlet I got from brp after my purchase specifically states that a total of 36 month is the most you can get on any of their sxs. I don't know if this is something that has changed from 2013 to 2014.
I did hear from my dealer today and they said the 36 month total part is right and they over charged me. They said that I can get a refund of the diference, store credit, deduct it from any service I need done, gift card...basically said how ever I wanted to do it. So I think it was an honest mistake. They haven't tried to be shady about it at all..so that gives me some confidence in them.
He did say he was working on a deal from a company offering an extended warranty even after the BEST warranty runs out. I don't have any details on it yet but i will probably look into that as well. Can't hurt to look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts