Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one heard of a recall on the tie rods. We are at the dunes and ours broke and sent us flying and slapped us down like a rocket in the hard sand. Was only going like 25-30 miles a hour. And the seat latch on the back came undone for the driver and he now has 4 broken ribs and more going on with him.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Bummer!
Known fact that the tie rods are weak, several vendors on here sell them and they are way better
Than stock.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has any one heard of a recall on the tie rods. We are at the dunes and ours broke and sent us flying and slapped us down like a rocket in the hard sand. Was only going like 25-30 miles a hour. And the seat latch on the back came undone for the driver and he now has 4 broken ribs and more going on with him.
Well how much you pay for them, you would think they would last more then 10 hours.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought some Turnkey tierods to keep as spares but its looks like I'll be going ahead and installing them now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bent my driver front tie rod. I have 12 hours on mine. It bent on my first ride with 32 terms. Obviously mine had extra strain with the big tires.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope we were going slow and taking it easy, my daughter in law and grand baby has been riding it. And so it has not been beat. It had to be a bad one. And if the seat would not have came up hooked I am sure he would not have been hurt so bad. Like I said this is bull shit. If the tie rod ends are that cheap, they should not be in there.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
So was it a tie rod or a tie rod end? Neither are outstanding, but there is a difference. Try doing a search on this forum, as this has been covered in many posts.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy, it was the tie rod. And it did not have big tires, we bought tres from the dealer.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
hours do not matter on a tie rod, 2 hours 200 hours, its all on the impact speed and angle !!!!!!!!!!

buy solid ones and have no more worries,

like I said in one of ur 1st threads , buy tie rods and front gusset kit b4 u go out, lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I could see if he was hauling ass, but going on flat sand going the speed he was. That should not have happened. :(

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well I could see if he was hauling ass, but going on flat sand going the speed he was. That should not have happened. :(
Yea I'm with Mega on this one. They had to hit something because flat ground will not damage a tie rod. MAYBE just maybe, the driver is not telling you the complete truth. I'm just saying maybe!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Did u add the seats in the back like you wanted?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ya those factory rods are a POS, I busted one clean off on the LR had it replaced, then hit a rut and bent the RF, one tire strait the other pointing out like Nameth's foot after his big hit. Waiting for the aftermarket ones to be delivered, until then I'll keep going back to the dealer for warranty work. When I hit the rut I was going like 20 MPH, but it whipped the wheel right out of my hand. Noticed after that the steering wheel was a lil off and it just gradually got worse until it was 90 degrees out. Made it home but was pissed at the junk they pass off as steering components. Hopefully will have the billet ones soon as this has happened twice in under 15 hours on machine. The Popo guys just laff and shake their heads, totally embarrassing. How do you defend BRP when they deliver shit like that, especially for the cash a guy has to layout to get one of these!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Call bull shit all you want, that is what happened. Have other people there that saw it. The tie rods are shit.and so are the seats, on how they have them bolted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And you know even if, but there was not a bump. They should hold up a lot better then that. You put out that much money and you get that. Yea no. And no we did not do the seat in the back yet.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Next I bet you are going to tell me peety's head just fell off and the hit men sent to kill Lloyd and harry didn't do it.

(Dumb and Dumber reference)

·
Registered
292 Posts
(The Popo guys just laff and shake their heads, totally embarrassing. )

I don't know what their laughing at with all the problems they have.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why are you being a ass hole? Are you one of them guys when you are out on the dunes, and some one needs help. You roll by and laugh? Not cool.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts