Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone tried searching the sight couldn’t find anything
I broke both rear axels on my x3rc I have tried an axel fork and a pet bar I can’t get either side out does anyone have a truck to share for popping the old cv axel out of the the rear end

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vise grips on the end of a slide hammer.

and wow that a dirty machine, I don't know how you guys do it in all that mess. If im working on something I have to clean it first.
Thanks I will try that tonight after work.
Yes it is a little dirty pressure washer is broke too lol wanna get the new axels in so I can take it to the car wash up the road

·
Registered
584 Posts

and wow that a dirty machine, I don't know how you guys do it in all that mess. If im working on something I have to clean it first.
I'm with you, I would have stopped at the carwash on my way home

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
I'm with you, I would have stopped at the carwash on my way home
I absolutely agree, don't want all that crap falling into places or just having a clean place to work. I don't understand how some of yous work that way. Hell I do everything I can just to keep out of the mud so I don't have that situation to begin with.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I absolutely agree, don't want all that crap falling into places or just having a clean place to work. I don't understand how some of yous work that way. Hell I do everything I can just to keep out of the mud so I don't have that situation to begin with.
I just posted pictures of my catch can I installed this weekend and I was applaud when I rotated the cable cover and saw how dirty it was on the underside against the skid plate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So I tried the slide hammer with an axel fork and will not move tried to pull the other side also so I could just knock that one out from the other side they will not come out I am thinking the splines twisted it goes to the dealer Thursday

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Try the vise grips. Hook a winch to it so it keeps tension and it should come out . We’ve done it on the trail before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Since the CV joint is junk anyway, you can try to use a chisel to knock the splines back in to place. Hit it one direction and see if it moves a little, if not, hit it the other way. Then try the slide hammer and axle fork. You might just get lucky. Chances are, the circlip is wedged and is having problems compressing into the slot. Maybe even try to hit the joint back in a little and try again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone tried searching the sight couldn’t find anything
I broke both rear axels on my x3rc I have tried an axel fork and a pet bar I can’t get either side out does anyone have a truck to share for popping the old cv axel out of the the rear end View attachment 256467
Did you get it out or did the dealer? Just curious. Might happen to me one day

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you get it out or did the dealer? Just curious. Might happen to me one day
No goes to the dealer Thursday I had a 1.5 ton come along hooked to it to put pressure on it then the slide hammer to add impact and still nothing won’t budge

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
No goes to the dealer Thursday I had a 1.5 ton come along hooked to it to put pressure on it then the slide hammer to add impact and still nothing won’t budge
oh, please post up what they do to it. I bet they destroy your trans and then say it was trash making you buy a new one for thousands.

Post up some pics of what you have been doing to try and get it out. Something doesn't add up here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh, please post up what they do to it. I bet they destroy your trans and then say it was trash making you buy a new one for thousands.

Post up some pics of what you have been doing to try and get it out. Something doesn't add up here.
Like I said I think the splines twisted on either the axel or inside the rear end but it’s under warranty still so we will see

1 - 20 of 20 Posts