Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
270 Posts
It appears you like to ride em hard cowboy, so do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket chassis that will hold up to your style of riding. Don't get another factory chassis and think that this won't happen again. Buy cheap -- buy twice.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,025 Posts
It was a question because I was t sure if that was part of the frame or a section that was bolted on somewhere. That’s what I was hoping, guess not.
Good news is a frame isn't really any more expensive than a set of tires and rims.

If you have the skills to do it yourself with buddies in a few days you're back on the road.

Some would fix that frame, but for me personally it would just bug me. I would replace but thats just me. I would wonder what else is going on under the plastics too.

You have some decisions to make.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It appears you like to ride em hard cowboy, so do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket chassis that will hold up to your style of riding. Don't get another factory chassis and think that this won't happen again. Buy cheap -- buy twice.
I hope that's not an official style of driving haha.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If and when the OP responds with more details of the crash and state of the car we will have a better idea.

Seems like pretty excessive damage to me if apparently that's his biggest problem. A arms and stuff should bend before the frame literally busts in 2.
Oddly they don’t look bend but I’m clearly no expert. View attachment 271990 View attachment 271991
View attachment 271992
That was an odd crash I will give you that.
Yeah, I always find a way to do weird stuff. 🤦🏻

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
Yup you have more damage than you can see. A good fabricator like CAB Fabrication in north Phx could cut the front end off and weld on a whole new section that is twice as strong as stock.

or you could replace the frame and have a crappy stock weak frame again.

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
Yup you have more damage than you can see. A good fabricator like CAB Fabrication in north Phx could cut the front end off and weld on a whole new section that is twice as strong as stock.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'll bet she was a hand-full with those tires in that wet terrain. :oops:

Glad you're OK. Hope you get'er rolling again soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'll bet she was a hand-full with those tires in that wet terrain. :oops:

Glad you're OK. Hope you get'er rolling again soon.
It handled fine actually. I wasn’t nt really going fast initially, I kind of got off the trail near the canal/ditch and panicked and floored it to prevent from going in and the tree was along the canal and I didn’t clear it in time. Had I not floored it I probably would have been ok, it just started leaning towards the passage side and I freak. Rookie mistake I’m sure. yeah, I’m a little sore but fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It handled fine actually. I was t really going fast initially, I kind of got off the trail near the canal/ditch and panicked and floored it to prevent from going in and the tree was along the canal and I didn’t clear it in time. Had I not floored it I probably would have been ok, it just started leaning towards the passage side and I freak. Roomie mistake I’m sure. It yeah, I’m a little sore but fine.
Any recommendations on better aftermarket chassis??

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
Reactions: Dubes14

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Any recommendations on better aftermarket chassis??
Thats a whole 'nother level of car you're getting into with an aftermarket chassis. Way more $ and way more skill involved. And depending on where you live can make it more of a PITA.

My vote is stock cage with aftermarket kits welded in for reinforcement.

I don't think you need a racecar chassis because you may smash a tree again someday.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts