Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my maverick in to the shop for my 10hr service a month ago and they said they replaced the recall clutch bolt. Went down to Winchester Bay OR. last weekend and the clutch bolt breaks the 2nd day out WTF. Has any one else heard of this, or did the dealer not replace it like they said.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is my delimma right now. I bought a first run Mav and have about 450 miles on it with no problems. My dealer ordered the bolt and has had it for a while just waiting for me to bring it in to be replaced. I fear that if they mess with it, I will then have issues just like you did. The old....if it ain't broke don't fix it. I am leaning toward not messing up my good luck, but it does suck knowing in the back of my mind every time we go out, that I could be getting towed back in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So I had my maverick in to the shop for my 10hr service a month ago and they said they replaced the recall clutch bolt. Went down to Winchester Bay OR. last weekend and the clutch bolt breaks the 2nd day out WTF. Has any one else heard of this, or did the dealer not replace it like they said.
mine had the recall done at the factory. bolt broke at 114 miles. it was on back order and took 3.5 weeks to fix it. if brp wants to be best then they should get off their ass and give us a reliable clutch. come on seriously this is f%@*ing rediculous

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've talked to some guys that work directly for can am and the explanation I got was they are some bolts that somehow got sent out as the fix and sold on new machines that was not in tolerance and has been fixed, dont shoot the messenger I'm just quoting some guys that I've talked to but I have almost 1400 miles on my machine and no broken bolts or belts.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think I seen you down there. I was that other maverick down there at raptor rally. I had the recall done and had good luck with it. I wasn't happy with there band aid fix, so I bought a qsc and Stm clutch setup.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
also there saying if the bolt was not tq to spec correctly it will tighten up and snap

·
Registered
806 Posts
also there saying if the bolt was not tq to spec correctly it will tighten up and snap
Not sure I believe that. If it has enough force to overtorque the bolt past it's specified torque, then I don't think it would matter if it started out torqued properly or not.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Not sure I believe that. If it has enough force to overtorque the bolt past it's specified torque, then I don't think it would matter if it started out torqued properly or not.
ya idk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I think I seen you down there. I was that other maverick down there at raptor rally. I had the recall done and had good luck with it. I wasn't happy with there band aid fix, so I bought a qsc and Stm clutch setup.
How are you liking that clutch setup so far?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I love it...It's everything they say it is. The Mav is in animal off the line. I still have a little tuning to do. My rpms need to be little higher when I first punch it. I never had any experience with these type of clutch system, very easy to install and tune. I have one trip on this setup down at the dunes and beat a turbo 4 seater running 5 psi with four people in it, I had two people. Also raced two seater xp with cams, exhaust and intake in beat it by couple lengths all in the flats and all had paddles.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I love it...It's everything they say it is. The Mav is in animal off the line. I still have a little tuning to do. My rpms need to be little higher when I first punch it. I never had any experience with these type of clutch system, very easy to install and tune. I have one trip on this setup down at the dunes and beat a turbo 4 seater running 5 psi with four people in it, I had two people. Also raced two seater xp with cams, exhaust and intake in beat it by couple lengths all in the flats and all had paddles.
Thanks for the input. I have still not pulled the trigger on the clutch setup yet. If you dont mind me asking, who did you buy from? You can PM Me if you like to minimize unnecessary scruitiny or posts to start any clutching tangents on here...LOL

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
How hard is the tuning process?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
How hard is the tuning process?
I'd love to help you tune whatever set up you get! The QSC/STM is probably the best bang for the buck. But, for $600 more you can get the rage six set up, which is a full billet, better quality setup. And again, I want to learn all about these clutch setups I can, and since were going to be riding together, it would be great to help you get it tuned in. Plus you can also run against mine as a comparison.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nothing is real hard about it. The only pain I would say is that on the Stm secondary you have to pull the bolt out of it to take the belt off with there tool spreader. Then on the qsc you take the six allen head bolt out of the front plate. Then you have access to the three arms pull those out then adjust weights. Once I get it tuned im going to do a write up on it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'd love to help you tune whatever set up you get! The QSC/STM is probably the best bang for the buck. But, for $600 more you can get the rage six set up, which is a full billet, better quality setup. And again, I want to learn all about these clutch setups I can, and since were going to be riding together, it would be great to help you get it tuned in. Plus you can also run against mine as a comparison.
I agree, it seems like the QSC & STM is the best bang for the buck. Since I'm not racing on different terrains, It really only needs a little bit of adjust ability, since I believe once its dialed in it doesn't need to be touched after that. I learned that with my dalton/VFJ Teryx clutch. I don't think I need the full STM setup for that much $.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts