Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,810 Posts
I've seen that a lot on Wildcat Trails, but not Can Ams? How's your sway bar mounts, tight?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is anyone else having these brackets break? Is this a common wear part?
Broke just about EVERY part EXCEPT that one - I put collars on each side to keep it from banging back and forth; maybe that helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Broke just about EVERY part EXCEPT that one - I put collars on each side to keep it from banging back and forth; maybe that helped.

Desert Dog, What are these called so I can order a new one?

·
Premium Member
10,810 Posts
What is this part called so I can find a new one? Do you know if they need to be torqued to a certain ft.lb?
Sway bar clamp. Try Rocky Mountain ATV.

·
Registered
666 Posts
where did you get those? Can you share the link?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Desert Dog, What are these called so I can order a new one?
Sway bar mount:

Sway bar stop collar:

·
Registered
666 Posts
You can measure your sway bar, concert to mm and search XXmm lateral lock for the collars

·
Registered
875 Posts
OP, from your topic question, no indication what machine you have - however, determined it's newer Maverick platform and specifically 2019 MavS Max model. Same clamps are used from base 50" class MavT through MavS 64" class X-series. I drove my former MavT nearly 5k miles with no such (or any) failure and now 1.5K with new MavS XRC. Unsure what caused your cast aluminum clamp to fatigue and crack but it's a cheap part which I'd personally replace with same OEM item.

Checking RMATV's online parts fiche shows that part not currently available to order (likely Covid supply related). Also checked availability on my MavS XRC which shows same part number and status. As such, seems yours might be out of commission awhile. If were me, I'd order now and get in the queue. Also noting, that cast clamp for rear sway bar is common across platform with exceptions being specific bar P/N and diameter plus corresponding rubber bushings p/ns for that. No need to replace bushings.

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 7.39.15 PM.png Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 7.40.00 PM.png

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all, I have a 2019 maverick sport max and I just broke my new bracket. I don’t ride hard, we have gone over some rougher dirt roads for hunting season. I’m maybe only going 15mph max and it’s a pretty decent dirt road many trucks and suvs on this road. Not sure what the issue is. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
875 Posts
^^^ Well, it's been 2+ wks since I posted my comment. Unsure what caused your failure with stated usage, unless incorrect factory assembly torque caused stress failure. Between former MavT and current MavS XRC, I've rolled nearing 7k cum miles on rocky AZ (not desert) terrain without failures. My suggestion remains to just order and install OEM replacements...

·
Premium Member
2020 Mav Sport xrc
78 Posts
I replaced mine on an XRS with the CA tech. Cheap and easy upgrade

NOGD, Where did you get the quick release pins and clips for your belt cover, and do you like it? Thanks, DH

·
Registered
666 Posts
NOGD, Where did you get the quick release pins and clips for your belt cover, and do you like it? Thanks, DH
IIRC I got them from Alba racing. It's a simple upgrade that makes removal quick and easy. If my inner cover was plastic I'd run them again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts