Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 70 miles on car. It was very strange I’m driving around and all is good I stopped drank some water and smoked a but then started car and when I tried to drive it felt like I was tied to something, I got out and saw right wheel had dug down about 3 inches in the grass, and left did nothing that’s when I noticed axle was broken, and when I say I was starting to drive I don’t mean hard either I would have done 5 miles an hour cause I had to make a sharp turn

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Bring it to the dealer, you won't know unless you try. I broke a front axle on my '17, first trip out. They covered everything, axle and labor. Good luck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, at 70 miles, and based on the tits on your tires, it damn sure better be under warranty. I'd be standing on their counter demanding they fix it if they said otherwise.

Probably locked up due to a lack of grease in the "maintenance free" bearing. (sarcasm)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got both of my axles replaced under warranty. One was bent pretty bad, the other was just barely out of true. My dealer called and got them both replaced under warranty. It took them about a month to get the replacements, but they did replace them.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Unless the wheel bearing is locked up I doubt it will be warrantied. Axles don’t just break you may have stopped and been taking off easy but sometime prior to that you highly stressed the drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
I got both of my axles replaced under warranty. One was bent pretty bad, the other was just barely out of true. My dealer called and got them both replaced under warranty. It took them about a month to get the replacements, but they did replace them.
Most dealers take pics, and have to send them in, and wait for an answer. Takes about 4 - 5 business days. My axle took a month too, but I figured that was because the X3s were brand new back then, and there weren't a lot of parts to go around. Surprised it takes a month now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unless the wheel bearing is locked up I doubt it will be warrantied. Axles don’t just break you may have stopped and been taking off easy but sometime prior to that you highly stressed the drivetrain.
. What would cause highly stressed the drivetrain? Just wondering for future reference, I would like to try and keep my down time to a minimum, supposed to go on vacation in 3wks, and it was to ride

·
Registered
95 Posts
I broke a rear in the 1st 200 miles. Jumped it too many times while staying on the throttle through landing. Can am warranty covered the part but not the labor for my mistake. (Took about a week and should have done labor myself) Driven over 2000 miles WAY harder than before since then without breaking an axle. If you practice throttle timing over large whoops and jumps, you can get a lot out of the OEM. Greasing the wheel bearings will make your axles happier any day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like someone was having too much fun! In all seriousness hope you get something figured out with the dealer as if it truly was negligent driving then most likely would point to defective component.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
I'm told plus my experiences it's all how the dealer approaches and submits the warranty.
Along with the insurance I've had complete grenaded front ends covered parts and labor.
Even got upgraded parts covered which floored everyone.
One never knows it seems.
Exactly! And it doesn't help when you go into their service department, and start screaming like a lunatic. Go in, act professional, explain what happened, and let them do what they need to do. No matter who you are, or what happened to your car, it isn't going to be fixed on the spot.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I just learned that it pays to have an already established relationship with the shop of your choosing. I've gotten to know the owner and guys at my go to shop, even have riden / raced with then. The owner went to bat for me with the warranty company and I know the guy with the least amount of experience in this shop has been working there for 5 years. Not risking my car & life to some Stealerships rookie kid that just left MMI, making $10 hour to work on my car.
There are plenty of high quality shops across the Country. I'd suggest you find the best in your area and stop by one day and start building that relationship.
Just my 2 pennies in the pond. Carry on ...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts