Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what they're called but one of the rods that is used to control the rear wheel toe snapped. Pretty weak, any vendors have some available?

And a video of it snapping
Mav 4 - YouTube

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry for your trouble. It looked good until it broke. I like your splint with the wrench.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I used every wrench that come in the tool kit.. I think they're four in there you can't see for tape.. I run out of tape on the last one

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
is it solid or a tube ?

so we need thicker ones now, lol

how did u break it u must have hit something just right hard and fast?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hollow, I posted the video of it snapping.. I've done more extreme jumps and climbs than that but I must have hit just right

·
Registered
217 Posts
Benzo the video is a YouTube link rite under the pic it dont look like a hard landing just must have hit on that side first ??

·
Registered
791 Posts
Where exactly did it break? I watched the vid, that was weak. Looks like another item that will need strengthening

·
Registered
791 Posts
If it was that hollow threaded aluminum piece that failed, I looked it up on the parts list and it looks like it comes one piece with the ball joint....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I knew that part was going to give just as many problems as the front. Im just waiting on some final prices from the CNC shop and I should be able to ball park pricing. We don't use junk injection style races like other companies so our rod ends will last at least twice as long as everyone else's.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It broke at the threads.. Definitely weak and needs upgrading

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not the gold threads but the threads coming off the tube going to adjustment tube if that makes any since lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts