Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went out of town this weekend to ride and only an hour of being there and first hill I tried to really climb I snapped front axle off in the front diff. It was still early in the day on friday and had some guys coming later in the day to meet up so i called my local dealer then 5 others in the surrounding area and nobody had parts to fix. I was also told that Can am doesnt warranty axle joints anymore either? It looks to me that it was a bad casting that broke also. I will get some pics later of it to show what im talking about.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Peckerwood1911 had his brake the front left axle so many times now and it breaks easy just by unloading the suspension. He has a Lawyer going after a Lemon Law claim.

·
Registered
791 Posts
They are sticky about warranty on CV Joints these days. If your axle sheared off or the casting broke that is a different story, they should have no problem granting warranty on that. There was a bulletin sent out to the dealers a little over a year ago and from what I remember that was the gist of it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would understand if the cage broke on the inside of the joint but this broke the spline part off I side the diff! I hope this isn't a reoccurring problem!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well, I was ripping and tearing through 2 feet of snow with 34" terminators and a 3" lift on stock axles all day Saturday without a problem, Brother in law was along with his on 29.5 OL2's all wide and he had no problems either. I would say you just got a bad axle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I agree, I was rippin shit up too , no problems at all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got home after work to pull axle out to take to dealership and also found that the left side of the diff case was busted were it holds the axle seal. So I pulled it and took it to dealer with the axle this evening. I hope to get good news in the morning from Can am.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts