Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was having a Good 1st day ever at Mud Nats and some asshole Hit me on the powerline trail at like 35 and wiped out my front left spindle, tie rod, and the arm off the steering rack. Not to mention the sumbitch kept going. I spoke with some of you through the Addiction on Facebook but phone service was on and off for me and was unable to get any parts, none of the vendors had a spindle. Anyways, was wondering if you can change just the rod of the steering rack or do I need to replace the whole rack? If I got to replace the rack, What kind?,, stock, wicked steer, whatever and how much? Also need a spindle, will take a used one if anybody has it, New one is $75 so I'm not to worried about it, Rack is $400. Let me know guys, thanks.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That sucks.... good luck with the repairs.... hope the guy confesses!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Dude, I'd be on a mission to find that jackass.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
What a piece of shit. Saw your post on fb but not much I could do from odessa. If you broke a tie rod yes u can replace it but make sure the rack is still good first. Rackzilla is a slight upgrade over stock and costs a few bucks less than oem. U can find them on eBay for $320.

·
Registered
67 Posts
that's crazy I would of been pissed I would of been trying to hunt him down that's going to be an expensive fix

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
XX2222222222222222

find that mutha fooker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dude, I'd be on a mission to find that jackass.
X100. That would become a new mission for me. But I would also start taking pictures of boobies to make me feel better.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
X100. That would become a new mission for me. But I would also start taking pictures of boobies to make me feel better.
Well thats a given... Boobs always put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was ready for murder. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. All I know is that it was a rzr. Thousands of drunks and 80% of them were on rzrs. But yes, Boobies and plenty of beer numbed the pain.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And driller, I found my tie rod about 20 ft behind me with half a ball joint on one end and half the rack arm on the other. That's how hard the sumbitch hit me. It was a turn key rod so it's fine but I was wondering if you could change the arms on the rack, not the tie rod. Anyone have any experience with the rackzilla on a maverick?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Holy moly he hit u hard

Can't replace arm unless u have another rack

A few try rackzilla it's better then stock not much tho , u can get quick ratio also, but gear one should have one out soon I though

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would post on Highlifter and talk to the guys in charge. Most people don't like hit and run ass wipes.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I seen o rackzilla on ebay for a good price but the arms looked different. Wasn't real sure. I need to get ahold of Alex Reed, I thing he said he had a spindle, front left. I also need an axle.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much you want shipped to 72940? I also need a front left axle and a rack. What do you suggest on both?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
And driller, I found my tie rod about 20 ft behind me with half a ball joint on one end and half the rack arm on the other. That's how hard the sumbitch hit me. It was a turn key rod so it's fine but I was wondering if you could change the arms on the rack, not the tie rod. Anyone have any experience with the rackzilla on a maverick?
That's a serious hit! Wonder what the damage was to his rzr. Had to be something. I'd be watch highlifter also for the jackoff. I used to frequent them when I had my kingquad. Going back now to keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah. I can't even post on here what I hope happens to him.

Reactions: jpereira94
1 - 20 of 26 Posts