Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my DynoJet to flash the ECU back to STOCK in order to use BUDS2. The DJ did its thing, no errors. But after flashing, the X3 won't start. If I press the Start Button, it stays ON for a few seconds and then turns OFF again. The Cluster display for a fraction of a second before going blank and then OFF. :mad:

I tried removing the battery for a few minutes and nothing. The DJ will not connect as the power goes OFF just after a few seconds.

I emailed PwrTune to see what can be done, but in the meanwhile... Anyone knows what to do in this scenario?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have the key in? Sounds like it does not recognize a key.
Yeah, it's in there.
But you are right it does look like the same effect (as far as I can remember, I can't test that right now... :confused:).

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
If you have it flashed to stock the BUDS2 should connect to assist in the diagnosis. I had my ECU lock up once trying to download a new tune. I called Andy and he saved it for me for free.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... Not sure what to say... I tried again this morning and it worked on first try!!! o_O
Looks like Mega was right on the money... My key most likely wasn't detected yesterday. Never happened before and first time it happens is right after flashing, so I presumed it was the flash that went bad. Well... nope (it's a good thing though!).

Hopefully this doesn't happen on the trails... I'll have to test both keys, not sure which one I used yesterday.

Case closed for now.
Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Where are y'all getting BUDS 2 from?? Megatech license thing???

·
Registered
96 Posts
They say you are not supposed to have any power wires for LED's or accessories near the key wires, because it can mess with the signal. I had to reroute some because the car would loose power with just ignition on and sitting, would act like I removed the key.
Moved the led pod wires away from the key wires under the dash and haven't had the problem since. The circuit is sensitive to interfereance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts