Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent owned an actual brand new "bike" in years. Always something already "broke in". So Is the break in period as important as the dealer said, or does the old saying "break it in like your gonna ride it" hold true?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well ive a done a sort of mix between both...gonna see how it does in the mud today.... Been pouring here all day but that wont keep me off it!! Thanks for the link Andy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was at about 9 hours on my break in, out on some old dirt roads, stop at a stop sign, hit the gas, rpms climb and the mav barely moves. I heard a very brief metal clanging and a burst of belt smoke. Thought i blew my belt..... Called a buddy to come pick us up, got it home to change the belt, and these are pics of the CVT cover with the bolt pushed all the way thru it. So, Im assuming that this is the recalled clutch bolt? I called my dealer and he assured me the recall was performed and said they had records of it..... They are going to come pick it up tmrw, and assured me they will take care of it with no cost to me....anyone else have this happen to them After the recall had been performed??

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts