Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the XRS and am wondering how you guys recommend breaking it in. I am mostly worried about the damn belt and such, don't care to be one of the guys that blows up their belt. But then, with the motor obviously I'd like to get that right too. Suggestions? Heading out with it tomorrow.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm not recommending this but I'll just tell you how mine got broke in. I rode around normal for about an hour and then its been wide open ever since.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not recommending this but I'll just tell you how mine got broke in. I rode around normal for about an hour and then its been wide open ever since.
x2. My salesman said drive it like I stole it, just dont hold it at the same engine speed for extended periods of time

·
Registered
545 Posts
Method I have always used:
http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

You want ti seat the rings ASAP. Be smooth on the power, vary rpm,
As for the belt, again smooth on the power, do not lug it.
Check oil often
Have fun!

·
Registered
649 Posts
WFO after 30 miles.. Ive read so much stuff about this from engine builders and most all say break it in how u will ride it-

The 30 miles is to let the belt break in...

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I'm easy on mine for about 5 hours just cruising and keeping so good rpms, then after that it gets beat on pretty hard. Everybody has a different way.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I took mine to some dirt roads for the first 30-40 miles and used the break in key then I made my first ever trip to the dunes and drove hard and found out what I have been missing.
I also have a river boat with a Merc 200hp sportjet. The breakin procedure on the sportjet is very complicated and the Merc people make the boat manufactures break it in or no warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts