Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that at 10hrs i must have a can am certified dealer perform the break in service at a cost of over 500.00 bucks...wtf is this all about.they say that warrantee will be no good without it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yup !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep,but my dealer told me if I remove all the console plastics so they have access to everything, it will be $350.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Its very easy and takes about 30 minutes to remove the interior plastics and skid plates.

But I trust no one and do the work myself.
Yeah but I want to make sure I don't give BRP a reason to void my warranty in the first 6 months.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The owners manual says "should " have a certified BRP yada yada yada, not "must"! Screw the stealerships! I did mine myself, cost me $100 and I know it was done right, and everything was done!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
yeah I don't want to adjust my own valves either.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When you get the warranty you play by their rules. No thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What's everyone's opinions on adjusting the valves after 10 hours? I didn't adjust the valves on the commander and never had any issues. I'm spending close to 20k on the mav and I know how to change the oil. Is there an article on adjusting the valves in a mav or commander?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya i said screw it bought the 6 full services and 4 year warrany for a good deal few more bucks a month !

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Personally I think its just there to put extra dough in the dealers pocket. Easy to check yourself anyways.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The 10 hour service on my 06 Outlander 800 was an oil change. I got a free 5 year Best warranty with it so I took it to my dealer and they did it for free. I think they get
$125.00 a cylinder to adj valves on a Rotax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts