Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.
Here are some pics of the first day of driving!! We went to the Tillamook State Forest in a desegnated ohv area that we know very well. [Oregon by the way..!]

The Can Am met or beat any expectations I had going in!! We did about 75 mile over 11/2 days and it worked AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On to the pics! Enjoy!

7.jpg photo.jpg P3160004.jpg Vance

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks awesome......I live in Washington and was wondering how the riding is there? Lots of trails for sxs?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
cool pics, enjoy the new ride !

·
Registered
613 Posts
It depends on what time of the year you are comming, there is alot of dust in the summer. There are hundreds of miles to ride, look up east forte rock, millican valley and cline butte. Depending on when it is i might be able to go out on a ride with you. In the summer months i spend alot of my time at Winchester Bay on the Oregon coast. Great sea food and riding.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Looks like a blast, did you putt around or scare her to death? Most of our members hammer down on break in to teach their machine who's boss, a few take the slow road for the first 10hrs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a blast, did you putt around or scare her to death? Most of our members hammer down on break in to teach their machine who's boss, a few take the slow road for the first 10hrs.
I have been trying to vary my speed and not be at wide open throttle for too long. So I am taking it easyer than I might in the future! The wife is probably better than most about going for spirited rides!! She has had to endure many different forms of motorsport with me over the years!! She co-drove with me in the late 90's doing SCCA Pro Rally and she goes with me rock crawling [sometimes] so she is used to some of the same sensations you get in a sxs. She even drove the Maverick for an hour or so and had a blast!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks awesome......I live in Washington and was wondering how the riding is there? Lots of trails for sxs?

K Goodrich is correct about the areas he mentioned out of Bend. The area we were at last weekend is in the coast Mtn. range west of Portland. It is a good area for sxs's with a lot of gravel roads, old logging spur roads, and a bunch of really fun 4x4/multi use trails. Just look up Tillamook State Forest and you should come across some good info.
Any of you guys are welcome to PM me for more info!!

Thanks,
Vance

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great Pics. Get to do our break in ride this weekend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice pics, I enjoy riding in the snow too!. I'm from Washington also but planning on hitting Winchester and Florence this spring. Might look into the locations you mentioned as well. Do you know if Oregon reciprocates on ORV tags with Washington?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks, it's been awhile since I've been down there to ride so thought I'd better ask rather than get in a jam. Most states are looking for money any way they can get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts