Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my brand new leftover 2013 xrs maverick today. Has 1.2 hours on it ( had .9 when i picked it up) took a corner and it stopped moving would rev up and not move. Towed home and pulled clutch cover off. Turns out the secondary bolt backed out. Is this a common issue? Also anyone know what the torque is on the bolt when I put it back together? Also should I use some lock tight? Could any damage have been done? it didn't make any noise just stopped moving. Also seems like you have to hold clutch in against spring pressure just to start the bolt is that normal?
Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
EPI clutches has a how-to video on youtube that shows how reinstall the secondary.i would make the dealer fix it.

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
very common, your dealer sucks! they did not install the bolt correctly.

seearch this forum and you will find everything you need , so it does not happen again.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yes yes very nice my friend very nice

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Do you know if they did the recall? If not, post a picture of your primary and we will tell you if it has been done or not......

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good deal....go enjoy it now!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Do you know if they did the recall? If not, post a picture of your primary and we will tell you if it has been done or not......
I believe the clutch recall was for the primary bolt,not the secondary bolt.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Picked up my brand new leftover 2013 xrs maverick today. Has 1.2 hours on it ( had .9 when i picked it up) took a corner and it stopped moving would rev up and not move. Towed home and pulled clutch cover off. Turns out the secondary bolt backed out. Is this a common issue? Also anyone know what the torque is on the bolt when I put it back together? Also should I use some lock tight? Could any damage have been done? it didn't make any noise just stopped moving. Also seems like you have to hold clutch in against spring pressure just to start the bolt is that normal?
Thanks
Yes there is a compression tool for the stock secondary , so you can get the bolt started.
Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I believe the clutch recall was for the primary bolt,not the secondary bolt.
correct but if they did the starter recall to, they have to pull the secondary and end up replacing the bolt (or are at least supposed to), and use blue loctitie and let it sit overnight before returning the vehicle to the customer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have watched the EPI clutch video on YouTube and they say not to use any Loctite or anything like that on the clutch bolts. Does it hurt anything if you do?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have watched the EPI clutch video on YouTube and they say not to use any Loctite or anything like that on the clutch bolts. Does it hurt anything if you do?
If you are running the stock clutches, I would follow the instructions to the tee to make sure you don't have any problems. The updated procedure located in the service bulletin does call for loctite. So I would recommend using it....

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/7-general-maverick-discussions/3430-can-am-recall-full-document.html

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You are a wealth of information!! Thank you!
no problem......I am always looking to learn more and pass it along. I am not the kind of guy that keeps what he knows to himself in an all mighty quest to have the fastest toy (Maverick in this case) on the block. I like sharing what I know and learn with others...that is how I learn myself. Usually what makes someone faster then the next guy is the driver not the equipment anyways....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts