Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12-3-2019 bought showroom floor 2018 x3 xds turbo r. 17 miles on it. Was able to ride it for 15-18 miles with out a problem. Second ride i made it about 10-15 miles out , i did it coded out and i was able to limp mode it home with check engine light on. Took it back to my LOCAL dealer which is 130 miles away and they fixed it. Came home and tried to go on a ride , made it about a mile or so. Coded out , check engine light , limp mode back home. Call dealer and atleast they came and got it. 2 weeks they have it and fix it , supposedly test run it. They bring it back to me. I try to go for a ride. Again not even a mile. Codes out , check engine light, limp mode home. They come get it. Two weeks they have had it. Dealership has tried to fix it , they are now in contact with can am everyday but nothing is fixing it. it now has 51-53 miles on it with prob 20 in limp mode. I finally call them and say AZ lemon law says replace it or $$ back( yes pd cash. 15 months of saving)Manager of dealership says all the correct things , like replace my machine out for another and he will call me back. No call back. When i call them back im told that my machine is used so there is a $3500 difference in price between my machine and a new one. I say basically im screwed til you fix my x3. No reply. Manager finally say he will talk to his boss.....this has been a 6 week ordeal. Does anyone know a can am number ? Does can am even care ? Any ideas other than my plans to contact a lawyer monday. I hate to be that guy but dealership dont seem to give a &$#@.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Take it to a different dealer. Do you know what code it’s throwing ? You won’t have any luck with a lawyer dealing with any big name brand. Their pockets are too deep. May have a chance with lawyer with dealer but highly doubt it. We need more information as to exactly what codes your buggy is throwing. You’re getting the run around and it’s not just brp. It’s every big manufacturer that does this. I went through it with Polaris about 2 years ago with your same situation. I didn’t lawyer up but I did threaten. I ended up getting help from fjk on rzr forums. He got everything fixed and me back on the road . It could be something simple that we’ve seen before but with lack of information it’s not possible to diagnose. I highly doubt the “ lemon law” in az with much of a leg to stand on. Those laws usually only pertain to on road vehicles but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Thought about that. Next dealer is in utah or phx. 230-300 miles away but this dealer in Flagstaff is in contact with can am.
2.codes from 2nd break down is 2279 & 0234. 1 & 3 rd break down it said no active code. In talking to service manager he has relayed info about waste gate, sensors , hoses and bov but i didnt think stock machines had a blow off valve. Also has said one code was turbo developing to much pressure....
3. I did read online that az lemon law covers offroad. Really dont wanna go that route. Def getting run around from dealer.
4. thank you for responding. Its very much appreciated

im kinda wondering if when i get it back from dealer if it wouldnt just be better to go to like evo or geiser and just get a tune from them ?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
1. Thought about that. Next dealer is in utah or phx. 230-300 miles away but this dealer in Flagstaff is in contact with can am.
2.codes from 2nd break down is 2279 & 0234. 1 & 3 rd break down it said no active code. In talking to service manager he has relayed info about waste gate, sensors , hoses and bov but i didnt think stock machines had a blow off valve. Also has said one code was turbo developing to much pressure....
3. I did read online that az lemon law covers offroad. Really dont wanna go that route. Def getting run around from dealer.
4. thank you for responding. Its very much appreciated

im kinda wondering if when i get it back from dealer if it wouldnt just be better to go to like evo or geiser and just get a tune from them ?
When you googled the codes what came up? I would tune until I figured out what the issue is then tune it. Mine was tuned before it had 1 mile on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Nobody here is a lawyer, but we may be able to help diagnose. Some dealer techs are just incompetent. Did you get any details of what they supposedly fixed each time? Triuble codes? So far we've got nothing to go on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again thx for your reply....i realize most people here can help diagnose the actual problem. Didnt figure that there would be a lawyer on here looking for a case. Again as i have said that really the last thing i want to do. Guess i was more asking has anyone else had these issues with dealer and how do you handle it.
i have given two codes in above post that i was able to get from machine. 2279 & 0234. After 2 nd time they fixed it dealer said it was an intake hose for the turbo. Right now is 3 rd time they have had it and it said no active code. Service manager said they have replaced waste gate , two sensors on turbo and blow off valve. As said before i didnt think stock had a BOV. Supposedly they are in daily contact with can am but its been two work weeks and i find it hard to believe that no one can figure it out.
When i get machine back if its still not fixed i guess we can go down that road. Main thing was wondering is how to handle dealership or do you just eat there crap. Is aftermarket company like evo or gieser a better idea. Idk ???? All ideas are welcome.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
what about BRPCare? don't think the lemon law would apply to an off-road vehicle. if it does make sure find out all the rules. the law is usually rigged by car mfgs and has all kinds of rules and hoops that have to be jumped through to make the law work. PS: car mgf almost never have to replace a vehicle under the lemon law. extremely rare.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know someone who got their rzr lemon lawed, so it is possible if you have the patience and time. I would recd another set of eyes, sometimes one guys misses it and the next guy sees problem right away. I own an auto repair shop and see it quite often.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
BOV is not oem
the turbo and bov do not have any sensors
brp will blame it on the bov..lol no lemon when someone hack up the oem system
both codes you quoted have to do with boost leaks
where did they tie the bov into for boost reference ( the small hose to the bov)
seen some hack jobs that used the map sensor port with a adapter ..not smart

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

·
Registered
680 Posts
Two different times I blew off boost hoses, one on the intercooler and one on the throttle body. I replaced all of the hose clamps with "T" clamps. Bring on the boost!!

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Only time I've heard they will even think about touching the lemon law on a SXS is if it's bone stock, still within the 6 month factory warranty and in for service 3+ times for same issue with no resolve and will vary state by state.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Only time I've heard they will even think about touching the lemon law on a SXS is if it's bone stock, still within the 6 month factory warranty and in for service 3+ times for same issue with no resolve and will vary state by state.

Ask me how I know....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome... so glad this member intro is staying on topic.

Isnt this where the mods step in and keep things in order? This post needs to be in tech discussion.

To the op.... i really hope you get all the help you're looking for from the forum (seriously I do) but please make a new post in the appropriate sub category. Or mods please move.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
the op is upset..and he put this post the wrong forum...its no big deal
he needs to understand you cant count on the "stealers" to fix your car right
the owner needs to understand his toy
and only when necessary to use the factory trained parts swappers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx guys... sorry was in wrong topics. I do hope i get help also but im honestly thinking i wont..... if i had machine in my possession and could dbl check things maybe we could fix it but when i ask about what to do when dealer is screwing you and get comments about codes.....lolol. When i posted the codes. Or ..... if its bone stock in the 6 month warranty....lolol... yes its bone stock. Yes its warranty. I have owned it for 6 weeks as stated.... i have had it in my possession for about two days.... cant modify it when it has never ran.......anyways. Thank you all for looking and reading.......

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
BRP 888-272-9222
Get a case# from your service manager. If they have hooked up to BUDS system there will be one.
Contact number above and BRP will give you up to date info from their side on the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BRP 888-272-9222
Get a case# from your service manager. If they have hooked up to BUDS system there will be one.
Contact number above and BRP will give you up to date info from their side on the case.
thank you.... this is the type of info i need to know... yes can am had dealer hook it up to buds. MUCH APPRECIATED !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all for your answers and help.....its been 6 weeks but shortly after that last post the sales manager called me. 15 minutes later the general manager called me. They did the paperwork for a trade in of my brand new 2018 xds for a brand new 2019 xds. They did throw each other under the bus. Lololol but in the end they did the correct thing to do. As a bonus or ???? They gave me a coupon for the extra warranty for $849. And also a year of employee pricing on all parts they sell. The kicker of all this.......last nite my wife went to there facebook page and posted a bad review. No mean derogatory or nasty. Just the truth of the situation. Both the general manager and the sales manager only cared about one thing on my side......CHANGE THE FACEBOOK REVEIW. Again thx for all your guys help

1 - 20 of 23 Posts