Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Brake Pads

11K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Mudskipper 
#1 ·
Installing my ZRP Radias Rods on my X3 XMR and noticed the brake pads are almost gone. What are others using OEM or aftermarket?

#18 ·
Geezus Crap man. Less than 300 miles ??? I don't get it.
I two foot and drive it to the limits. Looked at my pads around 400 miles, still almost like new.
The only difference is my wheels (pads & rotors) rarely get muddy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Race Driven has a new set of pads that are supposed to be better than the current set you are talking about....they are called Mudrat and made for mud ,sand and water, supposed to be tougher......I just purchased a full set for my XDS turbo and a set of the regular Race Driven pads for my RZR

#23 ·
I do think it's the mud/sand that get trapped in the rotor holes that cause them to wear fast. I will keep an eye on them now that I know they could wear fast.

#24 ·
yup...that wet sand/mud is like turning your rotors into sanding discs !........I will give an update on the new Race Driven Mudrat pads soon......the EBC brand pads dont last near what the oem do

#26 ·
here’s a review on them

#29 ·
can someone decipher this for me ? lol......you smoked what exactly ? lol !!

#30 ·
Anyone having better luck with the race driven $67 set? I have to check mine still but when I do, I'll probably change my oem set at 1000 miles or so.

Steve

#31 ·
I put them on 250 miles ago ........I got a little over 1000 miles on the oem and I ride in dirt , clay and about 10 kinds of mud

They looked good out of the box and stop as good as oem .......I haven’t checked the wear yet but for the money I’m happy ........I have the Race Driven Mud Rat

Reactions: honda400ex2003
#32 ·
An update on the Race Driven Mud Rat brake pads .......drumroll ......absolute crap !!!

As bad as the other Race Driven pads . These lasted less than 350 miles, another 50 and they will be down to the metal .

My oem lasted 1000 miles , these last most people around 300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.