Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer says the factory brake pads are backordered till July sometime. Anybody use an alternative pad and have any luck?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am working on getting us some upgraded brake pads on this X3. There are a few steps to start taking if you want better brakes:

1. Change out the fluid to a Motul 600 or equivalent to ensure the fluid doesn't boil.
2. More aggressive pads-I'm working with some suppliers to make us better more aggressive pads.
3. Titanium heat shields-If the OEM rotors and calipers are working well enough and we're still boiling our brakes.
4. Thicker or vented rotors-possible future improvement if OEM calipers are sufficient.
5. Bigger calipers/big brake kit-hopefully we can use the OEM master cylinder.

If you are interested in better pads, PM me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brakes

I am working on getting us some upgraded brake pads on this X3. There are a few steps to start taking if you want better brakes:

1. Change out the fluid to a Motul 600 or equivalent to ensure the fluid doesn't boil.
2. More aggressive pads-I'm working with some suppliers to make us better more aggressive pads.
3. Titanium heat shields-If the OEM rotors and calipers are working well enough and we're still boiling our brakes.
4. Thicker or vented rotors-possible future improvement if OEM calipers are sufficient.
5. Bigger calipers/big brake kit-hopefully we can use the OEM master cylinder.

If you are interested in better pads, PM me.
I'm definitely interested in some better pads. Mine have done a lot better than in the beginning but I'm sure I could use some new ones soon.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've done plenty of research on this and have yet to find any aftermarket pads. I even ordered the front pads that Dennis Kirk lists, FA307 and FA317, and they do not fit the X3. I've been back and forth with the guys at EBC, and this is what they gave me for the front:

Maverick X3 Turbo

Left
FA682X
FA682R

They did not have a part # for the rear yet, but said that they should be cataloged by November 1st.
Right

FA683X

FA683R

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EBC
Right side - #15-683R
Left side - #15-682R

Haven't tried them yet but this is what I'm going to order. Got these numbers from a dealer and they look right on eBay also.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hard to believe there aren’t more options out there. Thanks for the info above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
407 Posts
I can't say I've had any problems using a 14" wheel and rocks. I did order a set of 15's for some specific 15" tires but I'm not inclined to switch all of my wheel sets over to 15. I'm thinking the rotors are big enough for the buggy and it's just larger calipers (better clamping force) which we need, like your setup. Hopefully we can find a better caliper to fit within the 14" parameters. To many people use 14's so it would be advantageous to make a kit which works for them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts