Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I bought my maverick 2 weekends ago. It has a little over 200 miles on it.

I was out riding yesterday and when I went to hit the brakes, the pedal went to the floor!!!!! I almost crapped my pants. I was doing about 60!!!

I thought that maybe one of the brake lines broke off or something, but it's not missing any fluid.

Has this happened to any of you guys?

Thanks.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
So the reservoir is full and there is no leaking anywhere? Have.the brakes given you any problem since?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
May have a defective master cylinder.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rest your foot lightly on the pedal with slow steady pressure, if over a little time your pedal sinks slowly brake master is bypassing fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Take your ride in soon and have them replace the master. There is a defective cup or blemish inside the cylinder if it only went to the floor once and then started working again. I would replace it if they don't. If it happened once it will probably happen again and at the worst time possible.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Brakes=force not to be reckoned with. The dealer will take your claim seriously.. or at least they should...:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wow 1st brake problem like this

take to dealer they will fix u up asap

·
Registered
545 Posts
Loose axle nut allows the rotor to push the brake pads into the caliper - when you push on the brakes the pedal will goto the floor a few times until the caliper piston extend back out. Experianced it a few times - oh zhit!

·
Registered
367 Posts
So have the brakes been repaired and if so what was the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts