Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Maverick X3 with the pivoting rack. Looking to add a storage box on top of the Pivoting Rack - anyone have any experience with this?? I'm looking at the biggest box - 32gal; just worried its too heavy or its so high up once installed that getting in and out of it is a challenge (I have a hitch so maybe could stand on it??). Will the pivoting rack swing up when the box is loaded so I can get into the lower storage box??

·
Registered
140 Posts
People have 30" tire and wheel up on the pivoting rack.

I was going to put my trunk on it and put lighter items in it.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Accessing a tire (very rare, hopefully never) is a bit different than accessing the storage box - just wondering how much of a PIA it might be...

I guess a 30" is a fair bit of wt so that might not be a problem....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Accessing a tire (very rare, hopefully never) is a bit different than accessing the storage box - just wondering how much of a PIA it might be...

I guess a 30" is a fair bit of wt so that might not be a problem....
Exactly a 30" tire is heavy, I have my linq box stuffed and it's about 100 pounds.. that's lunch, small axe, milwaukee chainsaw and a few other odds and ends. I have other areas stuffed with things I need rarely like tow rope and a come along. (Dont have a winch)

I plan on getting a cheap car roof rack and bolting it to my roof to put a few camp chairs.

I just need to find a way to carry gas when my wife is with me.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
We have guys with 33” tire on 15” wheel on their rack. Shocks lift it fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts