Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of us there are on here.

My latest, just finished yesterday. Next weekend going 3D shooting up in flagstaff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Something I haven’t picked up yet one of my brothers is big into hunting but he is traditionalist regular bow

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome bow, what is that...about 2 1/2’ tall, how fast are they now?
Yeah ata is 31 but it’s now beyond ata riser and cams like a baby’s head make it just about 36inches.

IBO is 342 but I’m seeing 316 with a heavy arrow.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Been very involved in archery for a very long time, this is one of my favorite pictures and if you are involved in target archery a couple of theses people are household names, left to right Kevin Pearce (dad, great hunter, competitor and friend) Zak Kurtzhals, ( VP for hoyt archery) Paige Pearce (AKA little ugly girl probably has more world and national recorsds then any other archer including the only female
archer to beat all the men at a national tournament (twice)) and me, never better then a top 10 national pro finish

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep big time bow hunter. Used to hunt a lot more before kids. Kids all enjoy shooting now

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoyt HyperForce w/ 5mm Easton FMJ's
View attachment 262797
And a quivilizer to boot. I’m actually removing more front weight from this bow daily. I was going to go that route but I’m now down to this little stab and 2 oz of weight.

I needed a bunch of weight on the front of this one

I guess I don’t have a pic with the 16inch stab on here before I sold it the other day

·
Registered
264 Posts
Same, love me some archery. I have a Martin Lynx compound bow, a not sure the brand wooden/laminated recurve bow and all the kids (4) have long bows. We shoot out in the back yard a good bit and they always go camping with us. I tend to have more fun with the recurve cause I fit in with the kids as its all instinctive. I haven't done a 3D shoot in a while, but last time I did, my buddy won the raffle shot...twice. Saturday it was over $400 and at about 85 yard. Sunday it was $250 and about 90 yards. He was a Washington state champion archer a few times, and was runner up one year to represent the USA in the Olympics. He is crazy good and way better then me, but fun to go with and learn from.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My current archery room lineup, some are old keepsakes that i won something special with

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have a couple loaned out and a new one at the shop i havent picked up yet, guess i should sell a few

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
19 Posts
Archer here too. Traditional cat tho. Nuthin against the compound folks. I like simple. Nothin but recurves here. Shoot off the shelf, feathers no sights, rests, clickers or whatnots. Current setup is a win&win black wolf all carbon fiber. 50#.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I’m still shooting a bowtech rpm360. Surprisingly forgivable for 6” brace height bow. But I haven’t tried any of the newer models the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts