Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When up in high altitude 7000ft my idle seems to bounce like I have a big cam 1550 to 1250 rpm but drives fine , idles fine at home 1500ft , normal or something up thx

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yep. I'm with Kris. The computer is trying to make fuel and or timing adjustments. What kind of fuel are you running?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
91 .

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was trying to load it up on the trailer in L it jerk and launched up it wouldn't go unless more fuel, so I would press the pedal nothing happen for a second or two then it would lunge fwd

·
Registered
144 Posts
First thing I would do if I were running at that elevation or anywhere for that matter is datalog the a/f ratios thought an entire wot pull. Any kind of wide band will do the trick. Sounds like its loading up on fuel but I won't say for sure without some sort of a/f reading. The higher octane takes "longer" to burn. Anytime there is an elevation change the are o2 and pressure changes. With the air being "thinner" it essentially lowers the compression in the cylinder causing an even lesser burn of the fuel. Your shooting yourself in the foot with the higher octane. I'm not gonna say I dumbed it down in Lehman's terms as much as I could because that would be rude but let me know if that makes sense to ya. It goes further that this while getting into the actual adverse effects of running that rich. Plugs foul up then emission equipment starts causing problems with cats plugging ect ect.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so when I ride back up north try 87 gas ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's what I would do. However you really need to check the a/f. If you are close to a can am dealership get em to run a quick history and they can also tell you what it is doing.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I would do. However you really need to check the a/f. If you are close to a can am dealership get em to run a quick history and they can also tell you what it is doing.
ok cool I was gonna bring it in for the rear diff seal ill tell them to check it out I didn't know they could do that that's cool ! , thx man

·
Registered
144 Posts
No problem. They can run down to what rpms you have seen in your buggy haha. When I took mine in for a new starter the tech said man you have been driving the shit outa this thing huh..?? Lol. He showed me the rpms I was making in the last few runs I did. Let us know what you find out. My guess is fuel though.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol

ok I will ! , cool thx again man !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts