Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after watching the Mav since it was first announced through today and totally struggling with the choice between it and the XP, I went with the XP. I have nothing bad to say about the Mav and love the power and durability of the Rotax but something about it just didnt do it for me. A big factor was that all my friends have XPs so there is always a supply of spare parts when were together, I think mine makes 8 of them. Still I am glad Can Am upped the bar and cant wait to see whats next.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Life is full of tough decisions.......this is good example of a poor one.

popo.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
enjoy !

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
funny i was like i wanna keep my dang rhino to but needed the $, lol

i was looking at the voodoo blue with eps untill the mav came out then i thought i would try it .

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the base red, was 16100 OTD. They offered 6500 for the Rhino but my family can go along in it now, always need more room. Besides Who isnt into a rhino for over 20k by now.... lol

I thought about the LE but it was 1900 more for better tires and power steering, I can do more with the $ If it had better shocks like the Mav XRS I would have gone that way quick

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Im sure it was a tough decision...Everyones humor on this forum cracks me up! Its good to have it!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
i think you made the "smart" decision. The XP has proven to be a decent sport sxs with shit tons of aftermarket support. It has also been out for a couple years and all of the weaknesses are known and have a solution to fix them.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No fix for the small crappy interior sorry.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
128 Posts
we solved the "which one" problem and got one of each

do sometimes wish i was in the XP tho lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
yup, the poolaris towing a Mav back has already been done!!!! Im just jelouse wish I had the cake to have 2 sxs's.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Life is full of tough decisions.......this is good example of a poor one.

View attachment 1185
Hey Bayou, I know you were looking to make a forum sticker. This one is to badass to pass up. I'll take a shirt and a sticker.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey Bayou, I know you were looking to make a forum sticker. This one is to badass to pass up. I'll take a shirt and a sticker.
Lmao !!! Lets shorten it up to "Dont be a dumbass"... MMFF . (Maverick Mtha Fckn Forums)

PS.. OP, Im just kidding about the dumbass part. Buying a rzr is not a tough choice considering the aftermarket support for them. They have their flaws as all machines do. Just gotta upgrade the issues and roll with it from there. Same thing with the mavericks. I do however see the maverick aftermarket booming at an accelerated rate even considering the different major events going on rite now that have side tracked R&D. The best is yet to come for the mav !!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Bloke you have no idea how many times I was getting ready to sign for a Maverick and stopped. I would have an XP and a Mav for a bit and that would be fun to compare. I told the CanAm rep at the last demo ride the only thing I am waiting for is a real clutch fix (slippy washers give me a break), the design is flawed and needs to be corrected. Sorry to say I am not going to spend 18k and come home and install a new clutch to fix a problem, for performance sure but not to fix a factory issue. It just doesn't seem right to me. I mean seriously I bash the Arctic Cat guys for basically the same reason. How can you spend all of that money knowing you are going to have to spend another 2k just to get the Wildcat to work. I think the difference is Bombardier (CanAm) will figure it out when they do I will be loading it on the trailer the next day.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I do however see the maverick aftermarket booming at an accelerated rate even considering the different major events going on rite now that have side tracked R&D. The best is yet to come for the mav !!!
This is exactly what I think. The Maverick is the next big thing in my eyes. My partner races a XP900, I raced a 840 Teryx and I sold the Teryx to buy the Maverick. I own a offroad shop that builds some production pieces for Jeeps and buggy's and we're going to move into the UTV market. The list of parts that we have to make for the Maverick here is crazy. By summer the Maverick after market will be huge.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts