Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I have a boss noss system on one of my trail Mavericks, stock motor with cams and ecm reflash. I spray it with 15hp per hole and it loves it.
We always used NX Express kits in the past and there Nozzles and jetting was awesome. Never had any issues with it. Matter of fact we had our own Fill station at home and we would go thru a huge bottle of it a Season at Glamis on our Banshee.
How do you supply a fuel feed line on a Fuel injected System to the Boss System that Siphons fuel ?

Reactions: rchrisman1184

·
Registered
546 Posts
If u want a quick install do a dry kit. Get a dry nozzle (any manufacturer) put a .025 jet in it. Mount in the air box and start there. .

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
No it doesn't. Anyone that knows performance engines knows that Nitrous Oxide, if used properly, is safer and easier to setup than a turbo'd or supercharged engine. I'd be more worried about clutch and belts. Nitrous Oxide, at such a low level as this kit, is less engine stress than a turbo with no extra heat to control. Ideally you want to be able to pull timing a few degrees when activated, but that would require a module to interface with the ECM. With the higher compression and (apparently) aggressive cam timing of the maverick, I would be hesitant to try this system without the ability to retard timing with NOS active.

NO2 simply increases volumetric efficiency through a more complete combustion.
I know I'm new here and not trying to poss in anyone's Wheaties, but THIS post is accurate .

I have motor in sand car that was significantly more expensive than my maverick. I ran that motor for 4.5 years at the dunes which is unheard of for a high performance motor at the dunes. I am having the motor gone through right now at CBM in Ca. It had a seeping head gasket after 4.5 years and several HUNDRED pounds of nitrous through it.

I don't know enough about whether it is right for a side by side to speak intelligently , but as for a motor in general , I would not hesitate to use it.

Tim

Reactions: warlock

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I know I'm new here and not trying to poss in anyone's Wheaties, but THIS post is accurate .

I have motor in sand car that was significantly more expensive than my maverick. I ran that motor for 4.5 years at the dunes which is unheard of for a high performance motor at the dunes. I am having the motor gone through right now at CBM in Ca. It had a seeping head gasket after 4.5 years and several HUNDRED pounds of nitrous through it.

I don't know enough about whether it is right for a side by side to speak intelligently , but as for a motor in general , I would not hesitate to use it.

Tim
Yeah same with us over all of the years and we went thru so much of it we had our own fill station at home. lol. For a SXS Rotax for Example you really don't need a huge shot if your planning on crapping your buddies out and having some fun at the Drags.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts