Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran this 60 mile circuit along the Hualapi mountains. It’s a steep and rocky ride that used to kill me and the wife in my Rhino, even wth 14” long travel and 6”over. Was a 3+ hour drive then, but after Gary Fries did his retune of my X3rs suspension I just make this run in under 2 hours. No pain, easy smooth ride, and the wife felt it was down right plush. We experimented with disconnecting the front sway bar, made a big difference to the rock crawling. Also running one Walker Evans link in the rear helped. I invited Gary and his wife along, had a blast. Thanks again to his wizardry, I have a happy wife and a seriously capable ride. 32” Arisun tires on 14” rims with the scrapers removed had no problems with rocks. Also had a chance to run the local airport road, 56 mph over some really insane 2-3’ whoops. For over a mile plus. Absolutely no loss of control, body rode flat, no kickback or sideways jitters. This was beyond washboard and it would have broken my other machine. Xrs just soaked it up. Really impressive. Best money I’ve spent bar none, and I’ve spent a lot in this ride!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Don that run many times. But not sense I had CT revolve my shocks. Did a nice run up to Oatman a few days a go and now my XDS rids like a cady. shoe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guards are CanAm. Seem to work fine so far, ride height with the Eibach springs keeps everything up over most everything I’ve encountered so far, and that’s been a lot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B01A3F85-365D-418F-BFC9-12FCE289320E.jpeg 67EB8032-4F60-4F1F-8F87-FCBEA7BE14FD.jpeg 87F7B94E-72CB-4B8B-840E-46E5B188402B.jpeg
Heres some more, thanks to Gary. Maybe he will post some of his.
really can’t say enough about how well this thing rides now with this upgrade.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Even being from MN, I've been to that same mine a few times. I have a friend that winters in Lake Havasu. Did you see the gold fish? Great to hear about your shocks and thanks for pointing out the sway bar and sway bar links. Where is Gary located? I have a 18 X3 DS and enjoy the hell out of it, except for the harsh/choppy ride when going slow. l haven't adjusted the shocks at all yet, was letting them break in a little first, have just over 500 miles on it now, so they should be broke in now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even being from MN, I've been to that same mine a few times. I have a friend that winters in Lake Havasu. Did you see the gold fish? Great to hear about your shocks and thanks for pointing out the sway bar and sway bar links. Where is Gary located? I have a 18 X3 DS and enjoy the hell out of it, except for the harsh/choppy ride when going slow. l haven't adjusted the shocks at all yet, was letting them break in a little first, have just over 500 miles on it now, so they should be broke in now.
He’s in Lake Havasu. Check him out UTVshocks.com. The Goldfish are doing just fine, more than ever now. Some were almost 6”long. Seem to like Pringles Best. Crazy to see goldfish living in a pond in the mountains in the middle of the Mohave.
you know, I only had a very few miles on my machine before taking the plunge, didn’t think the shocks would get much better even after a lot of adjusting. Certainly could dnot without the third spring in the rear. It was fully collapsed after I set my ride height with the stock setup. Eibach only needs two springs and these are variable weight depending on your loadout.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Definitely will when I get back down there this spring. Can hardly wait to get back out west again now that I have the X3!! Glad to see the fish are still doing fine and I agree pretty weird seeing them there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts