Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this forum section just got a whole lot more interesting :cool2:

Who is going to be the first to unlock the ECU in the turbo Maverick and pump up the boost?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I txt Todd at Evolution and said I need a Flash and High flow cans for the Turbo and He said he thinks he can get 160HP out of it no problem. He has a Engineering friend at BRP he reached out to for more specs. waiting to hear back, He also said he is Buying one to after he saw the Intro. These are gonna Be SICK.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I will be on this as soon as our car arrives. Should be fun. It will be interesting to see which variation ecu they will be using.

·
Registered
786 Posts
it will be amazing to see what is possible with mods/flashes,etc now....im betting 140-150hp is not going to be to hard.
I would say that you are correct. It would make sense for them to leave room on the table just in case some other manufacturer tries to "one up them" they could easily make a new model with some revised software and some new new color scheme so they could continue being the king of the power game. This is really exciting stuff and I am glad it is finally here. There was no real way to keep the engine size below 999cc and make significant power. Now the other 2 manufacturers are going to have to follow. We have been working on a 875CC 180 HP turbo engine swap for the other 2 manufacturers vehicles for the past year which is right inline as to what Can-am has released. Can-Am is on the the path that others will have to follow. :in love:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would say that you are correct. It would make sense for them to leave room on the table just in case some other manufacturer tries to "one up them" they could easily make a new model with some revised software and some new new color scheme so they could continue being the king of the power game. This is really exciting stuff and I am glad it is finally here. There was no real way to keep the engine size below 999cc and make significant power. Now the other 2 manufacturers are going to have to follow. We have been working on a 875CC 180 HP turbo engine swap for the other 2 manufacturers vehicles for the past year which is right inline as to what Can-am has released. Can-Am is on the the path that others will have to follow. :in love:
Do you know what they are using for a turbo, or what compression the new pistons are?? That would tell us a lot

·
Registered
584 Posts
that's what ive been wondering. the compression ratio of the turbo mav vs the stock mav

·
Registered
228 Posts
il bring you mine as soon as it arrives

·
Registered
786 Posts
We finally got our XDS turbo and are really excited to tear into this beast. It is an amazing machine stock with very nice power delivery. We plan on making some nice improvements in the coming weeks. We have already cracked the ECU and have our base tuning file complete. We will be testing the tune after we get all of our data acquisition components installed so we can monitor the engine parameters before we put the screws to the engine. More details to follow. Stay tuned!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automobile repair shop Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car All-terrain vehicle Text Screenshot Technology Line Font Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Radio-controlled car Car

Don't mind the euro trash in the background, those are just some of our other tuning projects :smile:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
So cat delete and new Cans to free up the exhaust. First. I guess.

·
Registered
786 Posts
We have been working hard on tuning of the Maverick X ds for some time now. Last night we completed our tune which nets 20 wheel hp more than a stock X ds! This is on a 100% otherwise stock machine. Today we will be testing stock tunes with our cat bypass and "Double Barrel" exhaust. We will likely offer a stock tune with fuel corrections for exhaust components for those who don't want to make more than stock boost.

After this has been completed, we will be tuning with our exhaust components in place.

Pictures, dynos and videos to follow. We are planning on bringing the machine to Glamis this weekend to put some hard test miles on it and get some good datalogs to ensure everything is running within safe parameters in real world conditions. Stay tuned!!!

Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Sand
Sand All-terrain vehicle Natural environment Vehicle Aeolian landform

1 - 20 of 23 Posts