Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Also measured exposed shock shaft length. Passenger rear is about 1/8" longer than drivers rear(which is odd). Front passenger is about 3/8" shorter than the drivers.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Measure your coil springs distance from top to bottom and see how much compression each one has,
the ride height rings are what will raise or lower your car......they should be fairly close in measurements.
Unless you have a weak/sagging spring.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Measure your coil springs distance from top to bottom and see how much compression each one has,
the ride height rings are what will raise or lower your car......they should be fairly close in measurements.
I'll measure the coils tonight, the distance from the adjustment rings to the top of the shock is equal side to side.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mine was leaning to one side pretty bad. I kept adding preload to one side to level it out then found out nitrogen had leaked out . Added nitrogen and all is good with mine

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mine was leaning to one side pretty bad. I kept adding preload to one side to level it out then found out nitrogen had leaked out . Added nitrogen and all is good with mine
How in the world did you stumble upon the nitrogen being low? Lol

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
How does one check the nitrogen? Use a gauge somewhere on the reservoirs?
Stock reservoirs require a special needle. After a shock tune some tuners install schrader valve, since you're asking i will assume you still have the rubber stopper in the end of the reservoir requiring the needle.

The shocks do need to be checked periodically. Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
110 Posts
Make sure u check tire pressures mine was the same till made sure the tires were filled exactly on both sides back to front

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just did this and the passenger side is about 1/4" shorter than the drivers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You might have found your problem. 1/4 inch on the front is a lot of preload. I have been kind of paranoid about adjusting mine. I measured the spring lengths, made marks on the shock body and adjuster rings, and counted turns when I adjusted. Then I measured spring length again. Yours may have been off from initial factory set up. I have found that the front, being lighter, takes far fewer turns to impact ride height compared to the rear. Also, on my xds, the springs had a terrible sag problem. Mostly the backs. It was getting to the point they would noticeably sag every 100 miles. I shipped my shocks to CT for revalving and new springs about 8 months ago. Should have done it sooner. It is awesome now. Smoother and better planted -- just what I expected from 20 inches of suspension.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have their X3 leaning to one side? I adjusted all my preload and such last year and now have noticed after a good 1400 miles my machine leans to the passenger side some. Is it common for one side to wear out before the other? Would my beat fix be adding more preload to the one side or breaking down and getting new springs? I'm 275lbs and ride with a 135lbs gf. Idk why it would lean towards her side unless i tend to drift that way more or something lol. It's not the ground either as it looks the same in my garage. My machine is in the middle.
Mine is doing the same did you get yours fixed?????

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Eibach are on sale this month through Craig. Fixes sag and rides better. Worth every penny and can be swapped at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts