Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed to blue led's on my switches as per a previous post on here....turned out good! 20140313_213642.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
I did mine as well great upgrade, going to tackle the cluster next

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had it all apart sourced the needed LEDs I think I can do it I just need to get around to it be sure to let ya know when I do

·
Registered
107 Posts
image.jpg
leds ordered they will be here next week, hopefully get it done soon after
With any luck it will look like this

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I changed out my led bulbs in my stock switches. Now my 4x4 indicator does not come on when I switch to 4x4 on the dash. You can here it activate. Any help...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd love to change the guage backlight. That looks bad ass and matches my Silver/Octane perfectly. Anyone have part numbers for the LEDs & pics of the process for changing the guage LEDs?
I just ordered blue LEDs to color change the ones in my swithces from SuperBrightLEDS.com, they should be in anytime.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did mine as well great upgrade, going to tackle the cluster next
oh please do tell me how!!! I need to do this!

Here is how to do switches for anyone wondering :

Change switch color this thread will tell you how to do it, it's actually really easy, pics of my finished install are on last page

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am in the process of doing the color change right now. I started with the DPS switch since its the simplest. you just need to pay attention to the polarity as some of the switches have the anode on one side and others it contacts on the other. I used a 2032 coin battery to test polarity before removing the led from the switch. also watch out for the small resistor or diode that is under some of the contact springs. they are tiny and would be very easy to lose. the DPS switch does not have any of the resistors, but the 4wd and headlight switches do. I'm dreading the eco/sport switch. i'm not great with fine soldering.

update: I finished all the switches. After the first one I can now do a switch in 5 minutes.
The sport/Eco switch was a bitch though. Took me 2 hours but it worked perfectly first time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am in the process of doing the color change right now. I started with the DPS switch since its the simplest. you just need to pay attention to the polarity as some of the switches have the anode on one side and others it contacts on the other. I used a 2032 coin battery to test polarity before removing the led from the switch. also watch out for the small resistor or diode that is under some of the contact springs. they are tiny and would be very easy to lose. the DPS switch does not have any of the resistors, but the 4wd and headlight switches do. I'm dreading the eco/sport switch. i'm not great with fine soldering.

update: I finished all the switches. After the first one I can now do a switch in 5 minutes.
The sport/Eco switch was a bitch though. Took me 2 hours but it worked perfectly first time.
Just hide that sport low switch behind the dash like me :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts