Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper way to blow out a wet clutch? Recently while at a campground at an offroad park, some tool after a race next to the campground decided to rip thru the campground after washing his ride, fishtailing and kicking up rocks on several rvs, tow vehicles and sxs. When confronted his excuse was, " You know how these x3's are, when the clutch gets wet you have to blow them out". I'm fairly new to x3's but that goes against everything I have heard and figured he's full of it. Tried to find threads about this but no luck. Thanks for any insight

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
There is a drain plug, first I pull that. Then let it idle for 15 or so minutes.

Hammering it when wet makes no sense to me.

Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Administrator
2,400 Posts
He probably soaked the CVT intake and copped that excuse to veer away from your confrontation...FYI, the above post is a great method in case it happens to you.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
As stated above, plug and idle. Just idle after washing as it usually is just a little water mist that gets in the box. Sounds to me like it’s the way of the new world. Surprised they didn’t say it’s your fault for parking in their way. Excuses and give me a trophy for participation. Sorry I know that’s not what this bread is about.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Last thing you want to do if your clutch is wet is to drive it and hammer it shat’ll let the belt slip and possibly you’ll end up with flat spots on yr belt

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
371 Posts
If you have the housing guard installed (metal one) should pull the cover too. Water sits under it and won’t go out the drain plug. Not sure on the carbon one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts