Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the question of "why am I blowing belts?" all the time. I normally say, "there are two things that blow belts, improper clutching and/or setup OR the problem is between the steering wheel and the seat."

Improper clutching and/or setup - Adding HP without re-clutching, changing tire sizes / tire weight, factory clutch misalignment, wrong belt or belt size, improperly install of clutch components, etc.

Between the Steering Wheel and the Seat - Jumping and doing high speed whoops are fun to do in an X3 because the suspension is AWESOME but doing those things puts a lot of impact forces into your belt. Other things that can add abuse to you belts: power braking, burnouts, low to no belt engagement (rock crawling, trail loading, etc.), long hard pulls without cooling time.

The only belt I recommend for the price and quality is the WBB. Maverick X3 Drive Belt - World's Best Belt!

Here is something they put together to show different causes of belt failures and if they are covered under warranty or not.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Yeah they don’t warranty user error.
Looks like every dang belt I've ever seen would not be warrantied then so might as well not count on all these bogus claims of a warranty when buying a belt lol. Cause they won't cover it by the looks of that chart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
Looks like every dang belt I've ever seen would not be warrantied then so might as well not count on all these bogus claims of a warranty when buying a belt lol. Cause they won't cover it by the looks of that chart.

yep, basically its a paper warranty to give the buyer a warm fuzzy feeling but no real likelihood of being able to benefit from it.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah they don’t warranty user error.
Yep 99% of belt failures are because the people who spend big dollars on their machine are going to be hard on them otherwise they would be buying Rangers lol. If the industry is to continue to use the CVT system it should come up with a bullet proof belt to handle the horsepower and weight these machines are subjected to. Why pretend they will be driven like Sunday go to meetin golf carts! Just sayin.

·
Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Yep 99% of belt failures are because the people who spend big dollars on their machine are going to be hard on them otherwise they would be buying Rangers lol. If the industry is to continue to use the CVT system it should come up with a bullet proof belt to handle the horsepower and weight these machines are subjected to. Why pretend they will be driven like Sunday go to meetin golf carts! Just sayin.
the cheap and easy to replace belt breaks so your expensive clutch, driveline, cv joints, ……. don't. You need a weak link somewhere. These are not 500k trophy trucks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
At first I didn't like having a belt, but now I appreciate the torque/power/flexibility of driving that they provide.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you sell the WBB302 for the XC 1000R? That's what I bought somewhere else 900 miles ago.
Yes I do sell those. I even have one in stock ready to ship! Shoot me a text, a call, a DM or an email and I will write a custom order for you.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
the cheap and easy to replace belt breaks so your expensive clutch, driveline, cv joints, ……. don't. You need a weak link somewhere. These are not 500k trophy trucks.
You guys know what the best part about a belt drive is.

The simplicity of it alone breaking and allowing us to slap a new one on and go about our merry way. Imagine having a transmission like a sand car and when they break it's never ever 150 repair LMFAO. Then you have to pull the trans out and send it to a shop to repair it or if your setup and know how to work on them you can do it your self but not many peeps know how to do that. So then the third option is to take car to some shop or warranty work lol at a RideNow hahaha good luck with that repair and hopefully you get it back in time before dune season is over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts