Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

BLM Closed Imperial Sand dunes?

13K views 57 replies 28 participants last post by  Andy 
#1 ·
Saw in te paper this morning that the BLM has closed Buttercup/gordonswell/ogilby/and Glamis untell the Government shutdown is over. Is anyone else have word on what they think?

IDK about everyone else but this ant stoppin me from shreadin some sand this weekend. !

#3 ·
wow wtf is going on around here in the U.s lol

#5 ·
I love the shut downs.. stay shut down I don't want my taxes dollars used for baby sitters anyways

Reactions: Pnutz
#6 · (Edited)
And conflicting enforcement.
The MORE Boobie race got the ax Gov't-shutdown-hits-the-Powder-Puff http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114695
Good newz is It has been moved to Glen Helen

And the Morongo Basin Search & Rescue Poker Run is okay.
http://www.desertrun.org/content/2013-desert-run-unaffected-federal-government-shutdown

BORR Race is still on
Bonneville Off Road also is unafected by the shutdown. We have our permit in hand and are racing Saturday. So if any ladies have the time off cars preped and want to race make the trip to Wendover Nevada. More info here http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/sh...Off-Road-Racing-Wendover-200-October-5th-2013

Glad the MBSAR Run, BORR Race are still on and the MORE PP was able to relocate.

@ crib notes - the MORE Powder Puff is a HUGE charity desert race with all female drivers to raise $ for Susan G Koman / Breast Cancer Research. MORE prepaid all the permits, fees, insurance, cost recovery@

#9 ·
Idk how they can fence off 900,000 acres of sand. and they cant ticket you because ther not in service. so that gives me the ever more reason to go. Hitting of dune season this Saturday !! see u guys in the sand!

#13 ·
Isn't that what bolt cutters are for?

#11 ·
Yea, I figure if they can't get you on the dunes, you will just come back to a ticket on your vehicle…..

#19 ·
Yes All the Oregon Dunes Staging Areas that are Run by the USFS are closed But there are private Camp grounds with dune access. And Most of the riding Areas have at least one or 2 ways to access the sand through a non fenced area. Just no parking lot. So if you got a 4wd truck, air down and head out and park in the sand.

#14 ·
a quote from Glamis Dunes forums

"Glamis pilot

I have talked to BLM at length GLAMIS IS STILL OPEN !!! And there is no physical way to shut it down

my understanding is there is no one to sell you a permit so LEO'S will not be citing for it.

and LEO'S will still be here.

Tim "

#16 ·
Text Font Line Banner
Its Open cause its an Unimproved site,

Reactions: Glamisfan
#17 ·
go tear it up boys!

#18 ·
F@#$ ya thats what i like to hear !

#21 ·
The Democrats are such pricks that they are spending more Money and time and Effort to close stuff off to access so we the Minnions think the shut down is a big deal when its not. LOL. There making concessions that are privately owned but located on Fed land Shut down to. Just to be Assholes. No reason other than being Pricks. As far as Im concerned they can shut down forever cause I don't need anything they have. Especially since They cant Touch Glamis. Hehehehe

#24 ·
Its not just a democrac problem- its a progressive ruling class elite problem, and they have invaded both sides of the asile. This entire shovedown was planned and executed to punish those whose who object to his majesty and the ruling class - kick us off our lands, take away our 'handouts', limit us because they are not around to manage us...

#27 ·
i was thinking the same thing. Halloween is the best of all the good times there. We have a group of about 40 of us going and believe me they are not gonna shut us down. We will camp out by the town of mineral and ride in through the end of the world if we have too. Lets fugure something out.

#29 · (Edited)
That's good news cause last night I heard some bullshit story that this guy went down to Glamis and they had fencing up to block the road entrances. I called Bull shit. Even said there was fencing by the canal off the 78.

#32 ·
I call Bullshit and maybe they put something around the ranger station but they cant fence it all of. That's why I have a 4x4 and a 5th wheel so I can air down and go where ever I damn well want to go. Now if you have a motor home and they make some blockages you might be screwed.

#34 ·
It will be interesting to see if they enforce the permits at Halloween if our gov is still closed. I cant see them letting that many people riding and have fun for free. They will want their money.

#35 ·
Well if they are still not supposed to be working then they wont be out there in any large numbers. Maybe a few of the Big Chiefs running around and that would be it. Funny thing is the House Voted to pay them back pay any how, so that to me says get back to work Bitches and wait till your paycheck comes in even if its delayed those Fuckers will be paid anyways. The Gov employees don't ever hear words like Hey Kid We didn't make much money last week and Im short of cash and I pay ya when I can LOL.:crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.