Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
i dont get it. If Tim says its open and posts a video of him shredding the dunes and others say they were there over the weekend, why not believe them?

just get out and dune for fawks sake!! i for one cannot wait to get there Vets wekend.
Because I don't know who Tim is and I must if missed the video fawking sue me! Just trying to get the latest so I don't drag my toyhauler from Tucson AZ to glamis and not be able to ride.......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm planning on Thursday to Sunday during halloween

·
Registered
410 Posts
See you there!!!! Not til Friday tho

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I'm planning on Thursday to Sunday during halloween
We'er planning on being there Wed thru Sun. Only I got 1 small hic-up to my plans..........Found myself unemployeed today. Finished the job I was on Friday, got handed 2 checks today and told the company is closing thier doors. Great googly moogly. I haven't had to look for work in 15 years.

·
Premium Member
9,071 Posts
We'er planning on being there Wed thru Sun. Only I got 1 small hic-up to my plans..........Found myself unemployeed today. Finished the job I was on Friday, got handed 2 checks today and told the company is closing thier doors. Great googly moogly. I haven't had to look for work in 15 years.
ouch, that sucks bawls. I am sure someone needs a good wood butcher somewhere. good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going this weekend. I'm taking the family to include small children. Are there toilets open anywhere? We were planning on dry camping. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I saw Mega posted you are a carpenter, is that right? what type, residential, commerical or form work?
I also work in construction and have a lot of connections, so let me know.
OC area is where you are located correct?

Maybe I'll get a chance to meet ya out at Glamis over the halloween weekend.
Not sure where or who I'm camping with yet since none of my regular camping group is going out.
619-947-3614 call or text
Marty

·
Registered
711 Posts
as bad as i hate this government shut down because of how a few of my friends were affected and lost their jobs, i surely do hope they keep glamis open, and keep it open without the nazi law enforcement thru thanksgiving. i was denied a permit to be a vendor at Glamis for halloween and thanksgiving because vendors have to have their paper work turned in 180 days before the event they want to attend. hell 180 days ago i did not know i could make it to glamis. so back in august when i finally made my mind up about coming halloween, thanksgiving, and presidents day, i get a no-go on halloween and thanksgiving because i did not have paper work turned in fast enough. WFT> i was like come on lady please. its just a few days, please. she said no go for either event i am only cleared for presidents day. i wanna make thanksgiving for sure, and hope the nazis are still closed down so i can come out without being thrown out for no vendor permit. although i do have parking permits, just no vendor permit for the halloween and thanksgiving weekends. maybe, just maybe, if they hold off and keep the govt closed i can make those weekends and be un-molested by the government.

if any of you on here have been effected by the government shut-down i do sincerely apologize, i have 4 friends that lost jobs here that were govt workers, i know how stressful it can be because i have friends going thru it so i am sorry. wishing the shut-down lasted longer just for personal gain in no way means i am also wishing you dont have a job for that long.

·
Registered
400 Posts
why complain its the carnival cruz, enjoy

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Thanks Marty, Steve n Mike. I got a couple nibbles today for some jobs starting 1st of next week. I aint too worried yet... But it kinda makes my Halloween trip a touch n go situation. Just bent Marty's ear for while (Cool guy), and I'm still planning on being there unless I go 2 weeks or more with no work...then Im gunna have to start watching my pennies.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will keep my hears open for ya but do t know too many ceiling subs in OC area. However, your in the brotherhood so you'll get picked up. Keep me posted tho.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone know if this has affect on the ocotillo wells area? That is where I ride, but won't be there till like christmas... :(

sent from the worlds worst phone, the samsung stratosphere

·
Registered
684 Posts
Andy, sorry to hear about getting two checked. If you are a union carpenter and were near me, I could put you on tomorrow and give you a chance. We mostly do heavy industrial (lots of BIG concrete form systems) but also have crews doing finish work in offices.
Good luck, if your name is on the out of work list you should be put to work soon.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Thanks Salomon. I been at it for over 20 years and have a good rep in the industry. I'll hook up something fairly quik I'm sure (hope). I got a couple other irons in the fire for a back up plan as well. It'll all be good.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Good so I'll be expecting to meet out in Glamis for Halloween!:cool2:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
thats the plan anyway Marty

41 - 58 of 58 Posts