Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw in te paper this morning that the BLM has closed Buttercup/gordonswell/ogilby/and Glamis untell the Government shutdown is over. Is anyone else have word on what they think?

IDK about everyone else but this ant stoppin me from shreadin some sand this weekend. !

·
Registered
236 Posts
No Rangers around sounds good to me....and you won't even need a pass. Win-Win. Wish I was a little closer. Won't be able to get out till Halloween

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wow wtf is going on around here in the U.s lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
I can't figure out why they are closing these areas. The land is still owned and paid for by us........We don't require any services from them.....Never wanted them there in the first place.

So they close it cause they aren't there to babysit us and collect the money?

·
Banned
546 Posts
I love the shut downs.. stay shut down I don't want my taxes dollars used for baby sitters anyways

Reactions: Pnutz

·
Registered
545 Posts
And conflicting enforcement.
The MORE Boobie race got the ax Gov't-shutdown-hits-the-Powder-Puff http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114695
Good newz is It has been moved to Glen Helen

And the Morongo Basin Search & Rescue Poker Run is okay.
http://www.desertrun.org/content/2013-desert-run-unaffected-federal-government-shutdown

BORR Race is still on
Bonneville Off Road also is unafected by the shutdown. We have our permit in hand and are racing Saturday. So if any ladies have the time off cars preped and want to race make the trip to Wendover Nevada. More info here http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/113872-Bonneville-Off-Road-Racing-Wendover-200-October-5th-2013

Glad the MBSAR Run, BORR Race are still on and the MORE PP was able to relocate.

@ crib notes - the MORE Powder Puff is a HUGE charity desert race with all female drivers to raise $ for Susan G Koman / Breast Cancer Research. MORE prepaid all the permits, fees, insurance, cost [email protected]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Saw in te paper this morning that the BLM has closed Buttercup/gordonswell/ogilby/and Glamis untell the Government shutdown is over. Is anyone else have word on what they think?

IDK about everyone else but this ant stoppin me from shreadin some sand this weekend. !
Exactly How I feel, Why would you close off public land to the public? Just BC .gov can afford to administrate it, shouldn't mean it is closed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idk how they can fence off 900,000 acres of sand. and they cant ticket you because ther not in service. so that gives me the ever more reason to go. Hitting of dune season this Saturday !! see u guys in the sand!

·
Registered
538 Posts
i am hearing the same thing about the oregon dunes, the problem up here is most of our parking lots and access roads are gated and i think they will be locked.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, I figure if they can't get you on the dunes, you will just come back to a ticket on your vehicle…..

·
Registered
538 Posts
i got my maverick about 5 weeks ago,it has spent 3 weeks in the shop,the next weekend was rained out and now this crap.i am going crazy trying to get this thing to the dunes.it only has 9 hours on it and 2 of those were probably idling at the dealer.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
i am hearing the same thing about the oregon dunes, the problem up here is most of our parking lots and access roads are gated and i think they will be locked.
Isn't that what bolt cutters are for?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
a quote from Glamis Dunes forums

"Glamis pilot

I have talked to BLM at length GLAMIS IS STILL OPEN !!! And there is no physical way to shut it down

my understanding is there is no one to sell you a permit so LEO'S will not be citing for it.

and LEO'S will still be here.

Tim "

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking, there's no way that you can physically close down Glamis. It's part of the desert in the Imperial Valley that I ride all the time. It's just open land anybody can drive up to and go for a ride.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
post-30-1380582231_thumb.jpg Its Open cause its an Unimproved site,

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
go tear it up boys!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
274 Posts
i got my maverick about 5 weeks ago,it has spent 3 weeks in the shop,the next weekend was rained out and now this crap.i am going crazy trying to get this thing to the dunes.it only has 9 hours on it and 2 of those were probably idling at the dealer.
Yes All the Oregon Dunes Staging Areas that are Run by the USFS are closed But there are private Camp grounds with dune access. And Most of the riding Areas have at least one or 2 ways to access the sand through a non fenced area. Just no parking lot. So if you got a 4wd truck, air down and head out and park in the sand.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yes All the Oregon Dunes Staging Areas that are Run by the USFS are closed But there are private Camp grounds with dune access. And Most of the riding Areas have at least one or 2 ways to access the sand through a non fenced area. Just no parking lot. So if you got a 4wd truck, air down and head out and park in the sand.
Saw a newz report about the WW2 Vets that the "authorities" were not going to infringe upon people exercising their first amendment rights.

So be sure to take your protest sign this weekend...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts