Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I spent about an hour and a half getting after it today. I got two of the harnesses partially bolted in. Then I put the floor down. It was fighting me so I didn't finish up. Now I can put the seats in and figure out where I am welding on my harness mounting brackets.

I found these harnesses and got a good deal on them. I looked them over and am pleased with the quality.

With kids I needed something that was simple to use and would not get clogged with sand and grit. Yet I needed them to be safe. Over all I am happy.

Tomorrow hopefully these two will be welded and installed.

Pics of the days progress. Oh I also did some more touch up welding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Another hour and a half this evening. Just a little at a time. I cut out two brackets and got them welded in for the front seats.

I couldn't find my angle grinder so I had to line them up like rifle sights. I think I got them just about perfect. I spent about ten minutes getting my side adjusted and playing with them. I would like them a tad tighter. I guess I will have to have my wife adjust them while I am sitting down.

Maybe tomorrow I will get the rear two welded in. I still need to remove the floor on the passenger side to get those bolted in. I don't even want to think of that cluster. I am not happy with the can am engineers. I bet it's probably easier working on a super car than this steaming pile of engineering.

Pics of the days escapades.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice work man it's a big job you've undertaken and I like the cage

I've been thinking of modifying my Maverick Sport cage. Doing a chop and re enforce. Mine got the intrusion bar but I don't quite trust the factory cage lol.

Keep up the posts.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
You are doing a great job! Have you considered ditching the flux core wire and going to gas? Would save you some grinding time. Good to see mods on an OG mav!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Nice work man it's a big job you've undertaken and I like the cage

I've been thinking of modifying my Maverick Sport cage. Doing a chop and re enforce. Mine got the intrusion bar but I don't quite trust the factory cage lol.

Keep up the posts.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks!

It certainly was a bigger job than I have anticipated. On the flip side, I have learned alot and it looks much better now.

If you have the time go for it. All the structural stuff is done. I just need to clean it up and paint it.

I took a break because I was doing some shopping for a class a RV and I have flipped a few project cars after fixing them. Also sometimes I am lazy 😂

I do need to get back on it. I am wrapping up a head gasket job on an Astro van then I will probably get back on this.

Also, that's a nice looking sport!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You are doing a great job! Have you considered ditching the flux core wire and going to gas? Would save you some grinding time. Good to see mods on an OG mav!
You know, I have. The other issue is I am welding off of a 15amp breaker so if I am welding thick it pops the breaker. Super annoying. The house I am in is a rental and it only had one 120 outlet in the garage and one 220 for the dryer.... I do have my eyes on the titanium mig and Tig welder.

Thanks for the reply!

I agree I like the OG. I haven't driven an x3 but I don't like the seating position or lack of a view, I may get some heat for this but I also think they look terrible and don't sound much better.

I much prefer the sound and looks of my OG. If I need more power o can get up to 250 at the crank through mrrpm.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts