Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many threads on which doors but I am still torn between the blingstars (less money, looks good, hard to install, light), or the UTV's (heavy, looks really good, easier to install?, easily remove-able, $200 more expensive). The remove-able door sounds cool, but what is the deal about aftermarket restraint system must be used? Do the blingstars require this? I am thinking about getting a new restraint system some day but not at the same time. Can someone enlighten me on which doors require aftermarket restraints? Do they all need them? Is the new UTV's worth the money? If so, which restraint is recommended with them? Sorry for keep this thread going but it's my turn to get the doors and I never seen talk about restraints.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Blingstar are not hard to install,just gotta read and look it all over before you install,i just put my doors on yesterday

·
Registered
211 Posts
I disagree with the stock belts working on both and I own UTV Inc. doors. There is no good way to make the stock belts work without getting very creative and fabbing up something yourself.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just ordered a set of Blingstar doors... the price was right and I haven't heard much negative said from those that have them. I am not concerned about the install. Ain't nothin' but a thing! I'll post my install when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
This was my creative side...

photo 2-1.JPG

Just traced the belts out, used a jigsaw and cut. Cleaned them up. Painted what I cut so there's not any rust and installed. done.. No plastic is being pushed out or anything. seat belts in stock location.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
One other thing, The utvinc doors are not heavy. At least not to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had to hack one of my mounts, redrill some holes and do some magic voodoo on the driver side door to get it to fit. I have blingstar doors. From what i have gathered, not all mavericks are created equal. So some have it easy and some dont like myself.

·
Registered
403 Posts
blingstar's bolt right on, nothing to mod. AND you can probably get them in a respectable time frame. The other company is spotty on supply (read other threads).

I've got Blingstar on mine, and had them on a previous rig, I bought the second set because the first set worked so well.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Im getting doors next month and will probably go with the blings as well..Based off reviews and the pricing seems like an easy choice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the good feedback everyone! One thing I forgot to ask. My buddy put a heater in his Mav for winter riding and he has the Utv doors. His doors have a small gap in the front of the door when closed (cold air comes in when gong +20). We think the blingstar may have a bigger gap to allow air in, Anyone got a pic showing possible air gaps that could negate having a heater? Of course the rest of the mav is enclosed. Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
After looking on Ebay it seems there are two blingstar doors. Different cutouts and one seems to fill the gap alot better. Anyone know if there are two different doors.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Some are for Commander and the others are for Mav.. But I do believe with a little massaging the commander doors will fit..I could be wrong though

·
Registered
162 Posts
After looking on Ebay it seems there are two blingstar doors. Different cutouts and one seems to fill the gap alot better. Anyone know if there are two different doors.
there is two different doors. The one that fits the contour of the gaps will fit on a maverick with some modification. The other one will be much easier to install. Most guys including me went with the ones that don't fit the contour. Just a better way on a maverick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts