Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You try search button? Should be a lot to see. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think both are good doors so it just depends on which style door panel you like. Full hgt or mid hgt?
Full Alum panel or Inset Alum panel?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like the Blingstars the most. Height is perfect. Hit up Devious for a price, they're a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks for the opinions and pics. Hard call the turnkey ones look sweet but a little low.
I have also heard they take a long time to get after your place your order.
I like the Turnkey also but I am having custom doors made

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ddog, thought you scarfed those turnkeys off Kris?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Turnkey is slow. I remember from the Commander forums it took them forever to get caught up. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a roof from them, and was told it would still be another 2 weeks. I knew ahead of time it would be at least 2-3 weeks, so I'm okay with it, for now. Will be building my 2 amps and 4 speakers into it, and hope to have it done for TGW at the end of September, possibly even for Brimstone at the end of August.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I just got turnkeys and they are nice. install was fairly simple too but I did have to wait 2 months. I think they are fully stocked now though

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
blingstar doors on ebay for 469 shipped

turnkey 700 shipped

both sweet doors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blingstar coustomer service

I recently purchaced a set of blingstar. I called bryan at blingstar and asked about putting the commander door on the maverick. I liked the door as it fit the body lines better. Bryan stated that no major modification had to be done . I got the passenger door installed perfect and started on drivers side and it was in the dash almost a inch. Called blingstar and then emailed pics. Bryan said ill get back with you. 4 days later no answer from him. Talked to sales lady and Now they want to charge 100 restocking fee + shipping. Just a little info for anyone who buys blingstar doors they are having fitment problems with the can am doors. On both commander and maverick they say its can ams falt.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Turnkey has some good welders now that are getting the doors done faster. They should be in stock now or close to it. I have turnkey and love them.the height is perfect for my arm to rest on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm on the fence on a which doors to get as well. My trailer is 6 foot wide and the sides are 19 inches high. Would I be able to open the doors or will they hit the sides? Maybe turnkey would be better with the regular opening as opposed to suicide.

I just ordered the trailer and thought the doors would open horizontally but now that I have had a look at the pics for the Blingstar, it does look like they go lower when opened.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yes the height on turnkeys are spot on perfect. Low enough to rest your arm on it but not too high where your elbow or hand smacks it during fast steering inputs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I read a story about Blingstar that made me never want to do business with them. It has nothing to do with any of their products, but them as a company. I thought that it was somebody just being pissed off, but the more I read into them, the more truth there seems to be about that company. Look up the OCC 450R that was built. The owner of that bike got royally screwed by those guys. I don't know how much truth there is to the story, but from what I can see (blaming mfg's for fitment of a product THEY manufacture) I would stay away. UTV Inc. is slow. Took two months to get my tie rods. But, they do fit, they did deliver, and they did take heed to my concern. I threatened to cancel the order, and they never once threatened me. They kicked ass and got them delivered.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I saw a pic of the Turnkey yellow doors and the color was way off. I saw the pic on this forum from a guy who waited a long time to get his doors. Do a search for Turnkey doors and I bet you find the thread with pic.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I got black TurnKey doors. I really like them. Like stated above, the hieght is perfect to rest your arm on and does not block you view or too high where you bang your elbow. And yeah, theres no way I could do suicide doors with my trailer...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Which are the quietest as far as rattle goes. Rattling doors drive me nuts, does anyone know of another company that makes doors that are less prone to rattle if these do.

Thanks,
Nathan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts